Sunday 8 May 2016

A Sunny Sunday in May

Helloooo every one :) well what a gorgeous day today has been ... the sun has been out all weekend, but today I actually managed to enjoy being out in its rays ....in fact up until a few moments ago when I popped the kettle on for you all , the kitchen window was open and a lovely breeze was eddying around my shoulders while the birds where chirping and tweeting away merrily in the back ground .... I have been having fun with my camera and trying it out again .... I went for a walk this evening with DD and Master Bentley to the canal which is only two minute walk from the mouse house even for me ..lol and yesterday Bentley even posed for me for you .... I told him that you were  missing him so he smiled for you all :) he had his favourite toy out with him which atm is his ball .. he wants it throwing constantly and sits looking at you with his puppy eyes and squeaks and wags and paws you until you give in .... DH took him out onto the field and I managed to get some action shots of him ....
We have a nesting pheasant or two near us and one of them was posing on the neigbours wall the other day and I had to get my camera out and quickly take a few shots ... this chappy is the younger of the two males we did have ... he likes to let us know he is around with his crawk ....
I have been stitching a storm up this week and can see the end of the Melicent Turner Sampler LHN in sight ... a wee word of warning for anyone wanting to do this or if you have it in your to do pile please buy two threads of each of the cresent colours  apart from the red if doing it on 28 count fabric .... I was told this and was sooo glad I listened and bought the extras as I am almost down to the bottom as you can see and just about to run out of the green and already started on the second lighter brown ( border one ) I am hoping I do have enough of the white left as that is one I didn't get two of myself sooo wish me luck on that one ...
Last weekend was a bank holiday and as I was left to my own devices ..lol I started on my birthday quilt ... I didn't go overboard as I am still struggling with my shoulder and it lets me know when I have done to much .... just ask my physioterrorist ... who is actually a lovely girl ..lol
I routed out some fabric and did some hmmmm do I like that or not with them sort of thing ... decided what I was using and then decided needed more soooo raided my fabric stash to find the right colours to go with what I had chosen ... still need another colour but working on that one ... all the squares will have the same border round and then I am going to do a disappearing 9 patch square inbetween ( need another colour in this bit ..lol) and  a couple of dresden plate type ones for a bit of interest ...I can show you where I got up to at any rate ... no sewing just cutting .... I also finished off  the thread gather by LHN and made it into a wee bag for myself with green wool felt and a matching button and ribbon and I am pleased how it looks ... I wanted to make it for myself after I did the one for DJ in blue  for her birthday/ christmas box last year.
In a few weeks DD1 and I are off to Longleat Safari park and house and Bath and Western SuperMare for a few days .... I can't wait and looking forward to taking picture of the lions and tigers and bears ... apparently there are no bears but hey ..... you never know what you might find ..lol even Mr Darcy hahahaha 
ok doke I think I have waffled enough ...lol sooo I shall sort the piccies out for you while the kettle boils again :)














yes I did roll over ..lol


crab apple flowers


bluebells

marigold

Robin by the canal

Just loved the colours and the bark is on this tree

the two girls ... the one on the right is Master Bentleys girlfriend ..lol

Cuppa , cookie and stitching simply perfect way to finish the day off

Better view of the almost finish

dandilion clock


not sure if its the same one but ...





Blackbird by the canal ... zoomed in on this chap

love the light dancing on these flowers ...


peeping down onto the canal 

Thread Keeper by LHN finished my way :)

Well I hope I haven't bored you with the photos ..lol and you have enjoyed your visit today ... hopefully by next week I will be able to show you a finish and possibly a new start or a WIP or something equally exciting heheheh ... and even let you know who my RAK was for as by then it should have arrived ... I thought it might have got there by now but still waiting for a confirmation email from its new owner ... I did send it on a wing and a prayer ....
wishing you all a wonderful stitchy week and I shall bob by and squeak to you all again soon :) take care one and all, love mouse xxxxxx

 

23 comments:

DJ said...

Lovely stitching!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your quilt blocks, I like the fabric you chose for the butterflies...hmmmm...they look familiar!! LOL Give Master Bentley a pat from me...he looks like he's having fun there. Your new camera takes fabulous shots! You've got a great eye there, Mouse!!

Tricia T said...

Beautiful pictures, Mouse! Bentley is such a big boy now!! I really like your Thread Keeper finish and your quilt is going to be lovely!

CalamityJr said...

Ooh, your quilt is going to be lovely! Master Bentley is his usual handsome self; no wonder he has the girls checking him out. I'll be looking for your great animal photos after your getaway!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

You take lovely pictures. The smiling dog one is adorable!

butterfly said...

Wow lovely photos , and Bentley what a happy sweetie .
Love all your stitching can't wait to see your quilt grow , hugs.

Julie said...

Quilt choices look lovely.
Master Bentley certainly loves the outdoors, he's gorgeous
Lots of lovely birdlife giving you pleasure in this post.
Super finish of the Thread keeper

KimM said...

What great pictures! Master Bentley is soooooo handsome! Your birthday quilt looks so pretty.....and your thread keep is purrrr-fect (oops - hope my cat impersonation didn't offend you, Mouse)
Sending you love and hugs
xxx

Vickie said...

Oh my! You and your camera. Such lovely, lovely photographs you take Michelle. Bentley is so handsome and the ladies so gorgeous, the both of the sisters! ;)

Angela said...

Wonderful pictures Mouse! Love your Thread Keeper finish.

gracie said...

Just love all the pictures...everyone of them.

Carol said...

By the looks of your gorgeous photos, you are having a perfect spring, Mouse! Wish I could say the same--it has been cool, rainy, and gray here this whole month!

Lovely looking LHN finish and how nice that Master Bentley has a girlfriend :)

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful photos, Mouse and so nice to sit and have a chat with you. Great progress on all of your projects. Just lovely. hugs, Kaye xxxx

Beth said...

You and your camera are doing well together. I like the blackbird and the pheasant. Always great to hear from you Michelle.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots of lovely photos. Master Bentley enjoys being outdoors.
I like the start on your birthday quilt and your thread Gatherer bag.

Unknown said...

Your stitching is lovely and thank you for sharing your photos xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So many lovely photos this post.
Glad to hear that you are making a start on the Birthday Quilt, it must be lovely to see all the squares come together.

Crazee4books said...

Hello Darling Mouse,

Milk and sugar please. Nice and hot .... mmmm. Thank you. How are you?

Isn't wonderful when Spring finally arrives and decides to actually stay put? Having
the windows open to let in the fresh air is one of the greatest of pleasures and being
able to hear the birds singing because of it is a bonus.

Your friendly neighbourhood pheasant is quite a handsome gentleman isn't he?
I seem to recall that pheasants like to fight on occasion, being somewhat
territorial or something.

Oh my goodness but your Bentley is adorable!!! Look at that smile!! I so want
to stroke his ears ... bet his fur is silky soft. Love watching him play with his ball
and rolling in the grass. What a sweetie!

Your LHN sampler is looking wonderful!! Samplers are my favourite thing of all
to stitch. Add the tea and cookie and I'd be in heaven. And your thread keeper
is lovely too. I'm not a finisher ... just a stitcher ... so I love seeing what others
do with their projects aside from framing them ... or storing them in a drawer.
Ahem.

Love the way your birthday quilt is coming together. Beautiful fabrics and that
butterfly design is gorgeous.

I spent about five days in Bath during one of my travels and it was such a
beautiful city. I walked all over the place. I wanted to go to Longleat but
could not find an inexpensive way to get there short of renting a taxi. I hope
you'll show us some pictures of your trip. Please!

And all your other pictures are a pleasure to look at. Thanks for sharing.

Take care and hope your shoulder continues to improve! Cheers!

Jeanne said...

Lovely finish on LHN Thread Keeper - might have to add that one to my stash LOL. Your camera is working out well for you - lots of lovely bird photos and happy to see Master Bentley is doing well. We have a lot of quail around our house but I always see them when I'm inside the house and we have screens on all our windows so I can't get good photos of them from inside. As soon as I head outside they run away but I love them. We had a group of 7 males that came to my yard every afternoon for 2 weeks eating seeds from one of my trees - I called them the Band of Brothers. :) Looking forward to your Millicent Turner finish, you're almost there!

Joysze said...

Mouse-y!!!!! and Bentleeeeeey!!!! :D Gosh... such gorgeous pictures. I especially love the canal one. xox

Sarah in Stitches said...

Ooohhh, lovely stitching! And I love the fabrics you've picked out so far for your quilt. Beautiful finishing, too! :D

Andrea said...

I'm liking the quilt block. Love your other stitching and finishing too. Great photos, Master Bentley enjoying himself ... again :) You let that dog have too much fun. LOL.:)

Maggee said...

You have done a good bit of stitching, in between LIFE! It all looks great! As do the pictures of Master Bentley--hamming it up for us! :) Enjoy taking pictures on your trip with hubby! Hugs!

Annette-California said...

Love your Thread Keeper is Beautiful! Congrats on your lovely finish!
Gorgeous photos! Hope your shoulder continues to improve and Heal! Lovely fabrics you selected for your block! Looking beautiful!
love Annette