Thursday 24 June 2010

humbugs, guinea pigs and small finishes :)

Hi all hope everybody is OK and enjoying this wonderful hot weather we seem to be having lately :) I've had lots of washing flapping in the small breezes we keep getting, (been teaching dd's how to use the washing machine !!!! apparently they already know how just don't want to do it !!) 
I've made a humbug for  DJ and filled it with orts for when her life  started to unravel a wee bit as things so often do she had some colourful threads to darn it back together again, any way here is my picture of it :) 


 I've also finished the set of three humbugs for my bedroom I've just got to sew them together which is today's job as its UFO day on Friendly_Stitchers and as I 'm looking after the wet noodle for Alison Joy I'd better get them done ..lol




I've also been very busy being a guinea pig for youngest dd's hairdressing course as well as being one for a few of her college friends as well , I've popped a picture up of my "posh do "  I felt a million dollars in it pity I wasn't going out anywhere to show it off :(




well apart from this I've recovered from the epic journey ..lol  although it took me quite a few days to do it !!!  and to be honest I really haven't got much done in the way of updates to show apart from "The Castle " has progressed a wee bit since last time .... I love working on it but I don't seem to be getting as far as I seem to have stitched !!! but see for yourselves.

 Hope everyone is getting some stitching done while the nights are still light and long ..... I can't believe that half the year has flown by already and before we know it there will be Christmas decorations in the shops ! OK I think that this is all for now folks as I've to get those humbugs made up before someone use's the wet noodle on me heheheheheh:)
Take care everyone squeak soon love mouse xxxxxxx

10 comments:

Val said...

Lovely humbug Mouse ..... Val x

Val said...

Love the hair do - perhaps DD can come to Harrogate ???? ;)

Mylene said...

A pretty hambug for DJ and the hairdo looks great.

DJ said...

Hi Mouse! Thank you again for the beautiful humbug!! All who have seen it have admired it greatly and I have had to watch them closely that they didn't whisk it away when they left! LOL You do look very posh in your "do". What is great though, is when you ARE going out, they can do your hair again, in favor of you sitting for them in the first place *wink*! Your castle is coming along beautifully, I just think it's stunning on that fabric choice! Puts mine to shame!! I read about your little "hike" in the next post too, you are a brave woman, and a good Mum!! Hope you have recovered from the day! Thanks again! *hugs*

Fairy_Dust said...

it wasnt bravery, it's the bribey of cream scones

Gillie said...

Mm, I'd go a fair distance for cream scones, too! Any chance of one of the hair magicians coming to Michigan lol?

Sunshine said...

Your hairdo looks nice and Cool. We are having HOT weather too. The Humbug is soooo Cute. Don't ya just love em....
Nice work on the Castle and L&L. I look foward to seeing your finishes.
Happy Stitching!
Hugs, Karen

Mary said...

The humbug is so pretty. I just love your castle.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Love the theory behind the humbug! how excellent to have a dd who can 'do' your hair to look so pretty!! Don't those BAPs seem to take forEVER? It is beautiful, though... Hugs!

Jo said...

Great idea for the humbug, looks lovely and I'm sure she'll love it. Any chance of DD fixing my hair like that for my cousins wedding in October?? LOL!