Wednesday 4 May 2022

Nimble Thimble visit 2022

 HI everyone, hope you are all well and stitching merrily away ... I have just got back from a long weekend away to The Nimble Thimble in Wales with a few like minded stitchy friends , we had a fabulous time, chatting, eating gorgeous pavlova and of course the stash hauls ...lol The journey there was a bit horrendous but the weather was kind and was warm and sunny, my accommodation was lovely with a great view of the castle and the moat surrounding it .... The Napoleonic's Society were also there this weekend and it was lovely to see them all in their costumes, Napoleon was staying in the same guest house as me.. hehehe

I bought quite a lot of threads to kit up thinks from the sewing club book and the new My heart remembers both by BBD, just need to marry them up with fabric and away I go heheheh. On the Sunday I met up with Tina , Pat and Hazel who had rented a cottage at Wem and had a lovely few hours chatting , drinking and eating as well as stitching, as I got a finish of Ripe Pear by BBD too ... I did work on Winter Rose by With Thy Needle and Thread while away ... I am doing this one as a stitch along with Sally and I am loving it more now that huge house has got painted ...lol 

My wee grandson and grandaugter have kept me busy as well and my little man is 2 tomorrow .. time sure flies ... we went shopping today to get his presents and DH said we ought to have took him with us and let him choose as it was hard work hahahah ....

Master Bentley and Master Cooper are doing fine and enjoying the nice weather we have bee having too as well as snuggling up near to the new multi fuel burner we have had installed in the front room .. we have had the room re decorated and it looks sooooo nice even if I say so myself hahahahh, I even have got my Celtic ladies back up again ... the rest of my framed pieces are waiting for my friend Amanda to come and help me get them up on the wall leading up to my craft room. I have been busy in there too making project bags for Lainey and a bee bag for Tina and I have a few other items in the pipe line to get finished and started too ... I have been good and organised my quilting fabric into colours and labelled all the kallax drona boxes so I know what is in them now ... sooo much easier that routing through ...

ok doke I will leave you with some photos of said visit to Wales and my bits of stitching too .... until next time , take care one and all, love mouse xxxxx

Napoleon

The Nimble Thimble

The view from my room

Ripe Pear by BBD finished 

View of the river from The Nimble Thimble 

Progress on Winter Rose Manor by WTNT

sun shining onto my stitching seat 

small stash haul .... not been for 3 years ..lol 




4 comments:

Vickie said...

Very nice to catch up with you again Michelle. Glad you had time away with friends. Next time you must share pictures of the grands!

Maggie said...

It was a lovely day wasn't it? I did a blog post about it too :-) So nice to catch up with everyone again after so long. Nice stash haul, I didn't buy a thing! I have more than I can stitch already, lol.

butterfly said...

Good to hear your are doing good mouse , lovely stash and great time with friends what could be better , take care , your GC are growing up fast .

Shelly said...

Sounds like you stay pretty busy. I would love to have the castle view every day! That is so cool! Very nice stash haul too