Saturday 9 December 2023

Christmas Blog Hop 2023

 Hellooo everyone Ho Ho Ho ....

Its the annual christmas blog hop run by Jo of Serendipitious stitching http://www.serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk/

The theme this year is christmas traditions...as a child we always had tights for our stockings which would magically arrive on our door handles ... there would always be a satsuma at the bottom of the small goodies that were wrapped inside there ...

This we continued with our children when they were small but we did get them proper knitted stockings ... my grandchildren have fancy stockings with their initials on .. not made by me though ...lol as mum wanted velvet and fur... 

This year we took the grandchildren on a steam train to meet Santa and they loved it .

My stitched piece is one of the gifts I have made this year 

Hope everyone has a fantastic time however you celebrate the season and I shall be back to show the wonderful goodies I have recieved from my fabulous stitchy friends ... take care one and all and happy stitching :) love mouse xxxxx

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Love St Nick, Hope you are enjoying the run up for Christmas.
Thank you for my gift , not opened yet but will soon.
Have fun hugs June.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year and sharing your Santa Stories. St. Nick is the perfect design for this year!

jocondine said...

I love steam train, what a great way to visit Santa! Nice St Nick stitching, could be a funny thing to have stitchings with all the names we can give to Santa! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Elfie said...

Your little St Nick ornament is gorgeous. I have enjoyed my visit, and I'm leaving with a smile on my face.

Shelly said...

Love that tradition! The little ornament is adorable 🥰 Merry Christmas!

Gwen said...

That’s a very cute St Nick.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely St Nick, my Hubby's name. We always had an orange too

Leonore Winterer said...

Great stitching! Thanks for sharing our stories.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh yes, a steam train ride with Santa is the best!
Your St Nick is very sweet, a lovely finish.
Wishing you a Happy New Year, and lots of stitching.