Sunday 7 August 2022

Stitching Friends Summer Blog Hop 2022

 Helloooo everyone , as you can see from the title it has come round to the Summer Blog hop ... we have been allocated a partner to introduce to you all and to write a wee blurb about them .

My partner is a new blogger to me and she lives in the UK ( I hope ..lol as she mentions a wee kit from Aldi) and she does SALs with her BBF , she has just completed one of a lovely Tree of Life. 

She is also on a software development journey too via Open University , and seems to be doing really well with it too ...

I learnt many moons ago how to do it with 1 and 0 ..lol showing my age here.

From reading her posts and her BFF's blog she quilts as well , so we have that in common too :) she also does the gifted gorgeousness that Jo organised too.

She does black work as well as cross stitch and has a washing line of smalls , which I think is really cute way of displaying your stitching . She also isn't afraid to try new skills and as a family watches "Forged in Fire"  so they have had a go at blacksmithing and made some beautiful blades with twists in them and she would like to learn more too :)

I have chosen The Inn at Fox River Mill as a piece that I hope she will like as thinking it would be the ideal place to have a forge there for her ..lol 





if you haven't guessed by now my partner is Roni from

https://lifeoutsidethewashingbasket.blogspot.com/

take care one and all, until next time .... love mouse xxxxx

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Always nice to see others stitching .
And also nice to hear from you mouse , have a good week.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

I guessed within a line or two , but then it would have been embarrassing if I had not, one ought to recognise ones BFF don't you think. Great summary (lol pun intended) have a nice rest of the summer I will pop on by for more stitching mouse (and a good reason for cookies).

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I had Roni as my Stitching Friend last year so I recognised who you were writing about.
Have a good week.

Denise :) said...

Well done! It's fun getting to know new-to-me stitcher friends this way! :)

Roni said...

Thank you for your lovely introduction. Have been out in the 'real world ' of software for about 5 years since my degree. I can certainly imagine a forge at the Mill there. Sadly our introductory place has now koved on to pastures new, so we're yet to find another forge. Probably just as well not to have to find places for a new hobby!!

jocondine said...

It was great visiting you and looking for your no longer secret stitching friend. Amitiés. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The Summer Postcard Blog Hop this year.
I hope you had fun discovering all about your friend. I love the design you chose for her. I think we would all like to live there, even without a forge!

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's lovely to learn more about stitching friends, you choose a super design

Leonore Winterer said...

Great post, it's so fun to find new people via this hop!

Robin said...

What fun to learn about a new blogger/stitcher. Clever idea.