Wednesday 26 August 2020

A summer of stitching and other tales

 Helloooooo everyone ...bet you thought I had fallen off the planet ..lol ... nope I have been busy with work,  stitching , quilting and of course grannie duties ....

I haven't stopped working just had to change the venues a tad ... working from home for the most part and now popping into the office on set days when there are only so many peeps in there .. which is becoming the new norm.

the wee one is growing fast and is 16 weeks old and becoming a real chatterbox and learning to turn over...he is a real diva too when he is hungry ..lol he had some professional photos taken when he was 13 weeks old and they are adorable :)

I have finished one of my big WIP's ... Needle and Thread by Samplers not forgotten, this was stitched on Sparklies Before the Storm 28 count evenweave with the recommend threads ... I stitched it with one thread over two so it gives a delicate appearance ...it has been admired by many and going to be stitched the same way by a couple of my friends :) I still need to iron and attach the buttons properly then get it framed as I don't have a frame big enough for it.

I have finished the combined Stitchers Prayer and Home of a Needleworker both by Littlehouse Needleworks, its a biggie and will have to get it framed so saving up my pennies for this one ...

During this time as well it was my "real " dad and his wifes 40th wedding anniversary so I made them a picnic quilt with matching bag to put it in ... they were over the moon as the first memory I have of meeting Elaine was she had put together a picnic for us to have at Llangollen Eisteddfod music festival many moon's ago when I was competing in the choir section ....I chose bright turquoise and cream fat quarters from Hobbycraft to make it up from :)

I have worked some more on the Where Blossoms  Bloom by Brenda Gervais as well .. this was my Monday night stitch but I am going to move it to Sunday now finished with the Beneath the sunlit sky one... I am starting Blackbird b BBD and stitching along with Sally and Barb to keep me company on a Tuesday night ... and stitching on other projects in between in an effort to get my WIP's pile more down ....made a big dint in it already ..lol

also included in the photos are the two blankets I made one for baby bear and the other for our bedroom, a sewing accessory combination for my friend Linda, Frosty fully finished and given away to my friend Amanda who has admired it right from the start ... I am going to make it for me too, a fully finished stitch that was done 2012 .....eeekkkk,,, a piece from the" Stitchers Journey book by Blackbird Designs and some project bags I have made too

ok you had better grab a fresh brew and some nibbles as just found all the photos and there are a few hahahaha ...

















We also had our front garden made over by DD2 and SIL to be and are awaiting the railings to finish it off. Harrogate is off this year too due to the virus so I have been getting some threads in to do a SAL with Tina of the Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs ... we are hopefully starting it the 1st Saturday in November which should hopefully give us enough time to get all the threads as they are a tad difficult to get hold of atm ... ho hum

if you have made it this far ... yeahhh ... thank you, I am hoping to update this more, as you forget what you have been up too when you get to a certain age..21 + vat hehehehe. So I shall leave you for now , so take care one and all and keep on stitching/ crafting etc etc .... love mouse xxxxx

4 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely to see a post from you. That photo of the baby in the veg box is adorable!
Lovely stitching and beautiful project bags too. All in shades of purple, no surprise there LOL.
What is the project with the drawn-thread work? That is particularly lovely.

butterfly said...

Well hello sweet friend .
Boy have you been busy with life .
Beautiful needlework , Love reading your mouse tales .
Hope you are enjoying being a nanny and lots of cuddles with your little one .
Good to have you back we miss you.
Enjoy your week hugs.

DJ said...

What a lovely surprise to see a post from you! I'm glad I checked to see! So many lovely things you've stitched and sewn, I've enjoyed seeing your progress on them on Facebook!! You know how I feel about your grandson, he's just too adorable! I'm so bummed about Harrogate this year, but maybe next year we can meet? I have all the patterns and most of the threads for Anniversaries of the Heart...can I join your SAL? Happy Stitching and stay safe!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great selection of stitching and sewing. You have been busy!
Your grandson is lovely.