Monday 27 May 2019

Waving small paw hellooo

Heeeelllllooooooooo … remember me … that wee mouse that stitches heheheh
Sorry not been around for awhile .. I have wrote many blog updates … in my head  hahahahah … seriously I have been rather busy stitching, going to Beamish for a long weekend with DH … going on my annual trip to Nimble Thimble in Wales with Chris and …… we have a new grandpuppy too … DD1 has moved out and her and her partner have got a cocker spaniel puppy called Oliver who is simply adorabubble and the boys love him when he comes to visit .
We have also been kicking up a storm with decorating the mouse house … it started with the spare room, then the hallway followed by the master bedroom where we have created a storage space by accident …. when fitting the new carpet on the stairs we asked the carpet fitter to undo one of the stairs to the attic as we noticed it was wobbly .. was a good job really as it had bust through … we went to fix it and noticed a rather large area underneath which was the width of the hallway and a wee bit more … needless to say we now have a doorway in my bedroom as of today hahahahahah and a workable space to put things you never have enough room to put away …
On the stitching front I have finished 20 items since the New Year one of them a memory quilt for my friends wee westie that passed away a few years back .. they absolutely love it … Phew ….
I need to thank Butterfly for emailing me to check I was ok and to remind me that I hadn't been squeaking for a wee while … ooooo I have just remembered the kettle has boiled …. grab a cup of tea and a goodie … have one or two around for you all …
I am on the JCS ornament group on FB so I have been stitching lots of Christmas ornaments as also doing a stitch along of ornaments with a few friends on FB too .. soooo this year I will probably have enough to go on a tree once fully finished annndddd I get a tree to put them on hehehehe
ok I will try and find some photos for you as not uploaded any from the camera just my phone …
from Lainey 


from Butterfly 

Winter ABC's by LHN fully finished no photo on phone of it 

Sal with Lainey … my version of it ( insert made a wee boo boo ..lol)

more stitched on this 

mounted into a box top ,, never ending knot 11

Gift for Martina :)

ABC's of Needlework by LHN 
Sal with Chris  

Say's it all ..lol mounted on a wee clip board 

Love this one :)

Memory Quilt :)

Just need to add jingle bells to this one

two for the price of one ...lol 

Start of I am a Stitcher by Cherrywood Designs 

another finish

Stash from the Beamish Museum

Tea at a lovely café in York on way back from Beamish

My Stitchers day gift from Sally :)

third time of stitching this and its mine heheheh

Grandpuppy Oliver 

Nimble Thimble pooches :)

Stash from visit 

more stash from visit 

Finished at the retreat at Nimble Thimble

Song of the Seasons by LHN on Glacier Sparklies fabric 
with some changes on colour placement but using correct colours 

Not something you see at breakfast every day ..lol

I have done loads more to this but no update photo … love this 
winter woollens by LHN my colourway

Start of the extra space 

another Christmas ornie finish 

doorway added … floor is down now 
finishing will commence asap :)

finished this one as well ..lol 

Finished my Christmas present from Tina 




When DH and I went to Beamish there was a steam fair on which was fabulous seeing all the old cars and bikes and vans there too … I took loads of photos which I will have to show next time as not uploaded them as of yet .. sorry 
When Chris and I went to Wales to the Nimble Thimble to meet up with some fellow stitchers for the weekend we got invited out to tea on the Friday with Tina and Pat who were staying in a gorgeous cottage not far from where we were but it was a wee bit hard to find … on the way back in the dark we got lost and ended up in the middle of nowhere with no lights and the only thing on the road was my wee car and nothing else agghhhhhh … needless to say thank goodness for the sat nav …
Honestly I will try and be a wee bit more organised next time and have the photos uploaded ..and have photos of finished items as well ..lol
I have got quite a few exchanges coming up so will need to get my needles smoking again … not stitched properly for a few weeks with everything going off and being ill with another pesky cold that will not go away either.... but enough of that … I will be stitching up a storm when I am off in just over a week for two weeks … bliss :) Ok I had better finish up now and wish you all a wonderful stitchy week and I will catch up with you all again real soon :) take care one and all  .. love mouse xxxxxx



10 comments:

Julie said...

You've been very busy with needle and thread, lots of lovely stitches and finishes. Plenty of lovely gifts received too. Oliver looks a real sweetie.

TinaTx said...

Well, you have been a busy little mouse! Lots of lovely stitches there. I had to do a double take when you said Nimble Thimble - that's the name of my local quilt shop. Congrats on the new storage space - you can never have too much storage space. I do miss the attic storage space we had at our old house.
Oliver is a cutie.

Vickie said...

I find your new storage space exciting! A hidden treasure. ;) Oliver is so precious!

gracie said...

So nice to read your post. You have been busy and productive. Love the idea of the using the space under the stairs. Be sue to update us when it is finished.

Rhona said...

Nice to have you back, Mouse! How exciting finding some extra room for stash (I'm assuming that's what it will be used for :) ) What gorgeous stitching and beautiful gifts. ...and Oliver looks adorable!

Andrea said...

Love the new hidey-hole under the stairs! Beautiful stitching and the quilt is beautiful. Oliver looks so sweet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely to see a post from you again, especially with all the lovely stitching. Of course, I've been seeing the Ornie posts so I hadn't realised how long it had been since we had a blog post!
I love the elegant lady stitching at the breakfast table. I do that but not quite so well dressed!

Astrids dragon said...

Well at least you've been busy while not blogging! So much lovely stitching.
Your tea look delicious, oh to have a true scone and clotted cream.
Oliver is so adorable, and so are the other precious pups.
What a great find in your house, I can't wait to see what you do with it. How strange that it was covered up.

butterfly said...

There you are little mouse , looks like you have been busy.
Great to see you back .
Love to see all the amounts of Stitching you have done all look fab
Have a fab day hugs .

Sarah Beth’s Stitching said...

So nice to get back to blogging. I e gotten out of the habit of reading and writing the blogs. Planning to get more involved again. Glad you are doing well.