Sunday 9 December 2018

Christmas Blog Hop Day 9

Gooood morning everyone :) it is a beautiful December day and today I have been chosen to be Door number 9 in https://serendipitousstitching.blogspot.com/ 2018 Christmas Blog Hop 
Jo asked us to say what was our favourite  Christmas Music memory was and to show a photo of some Christmas Stitching we had done sooooo 
At the mouse house when the wee meecies were very little every Christmas Eve we would play my Pinky and Perky Record  as it was full of Christmas Songs and they loved it as much as I did as a child … well sadly I cannot play it any more atm as although we do have the record we don't have a record player … that will be remedied one day …
Now as a " grown " up one of my favourite songs is the one done between David Bowie and Bing Crosby which is two songs combined together Peace on Earth and Little Drummer Boy … if you type it in it will come up with them on You Tube to watch … I am listening to it now,  ….. see below ...
Many Moons ago I actually sung "In the Bleak Midwinter" for local radio station in their studios in Preston Lancashire … somewhere I have a copy on a tape ...I love singing Christmas Carols and Songs and can still do a passable descant on certain ones ..lol 

We are at the mouse house today are actually getting the house looking festive so I may be able to pop some extra photos up later but here is one of my pieces that I have stitched .. Holly & the Ivy by Little House Needleworks which will be hung out later in my craft room ...


Hope you have enjoyed your visit today and I shall be back soon with what has been going on here at the mouse house and show lots of wonderful stitchy goodness too :)
take care one and all :) love mouse xxxxxx

18 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
Love the LHN Christmas banner finish.
Also, very grateful that you chose Bing and Bowie and not Pinky & Perky for your song. I'd rather not have that earworm all day LOL

DJ said...

What a lovely banner you have to hang for Christmas every year! Thank you, too, for posting this Christmas song, I love Bing Crosby!! The Little Drummer Boy is my husband's favorite Christmas Carol! It's nice to see you posting again, I love seeing your stitching and hearing about your travels! I've missed you!!

butterfly said...

I love the Christmas song one of my fav's .

I must get my Christmas CD out this week then I can do my happy dance again.
Once again thank you little mouse.
Love your hang up cross stitch ,I have this one in my box must fish it out for next year. Enjoy your day hugs.

gracie said...

Lovely post and thank you for the video....

Clare-Aimetu said...

One of my favourite Christmas songs, their voices together are amazing. Your banner is lovely, wishing you a Merry Christmas

Leonore Winterer said...

What a lovely song/mash up of songs! I liked the video as well, I don't think I've ever seen Bowie this young.

Vickie said...

Holly and Ivy is wonderful! What a great video. :)

Julie said...

Great song, great stitching!

RJ said...

Holly and Ivy is such a beautiful stitch. I had not seen it before but now I want to stitch it. Great song too. Happy Holidays. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

What a beautiful banner, I love the finish too.
Ah, a wonderful song, I was hoping someone would choose this one!
Happy Christmas.

Ariadne said...

Such a lovely stitched piece and a great song. Happy holidays. AriadnefromGreece!

Katie said...

Beautiful piece. Looks gorgeous finished into the wall hanging. I love that song too. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

Mary said...

Lovely stitch and I really like how you finished it in a banner. Wow, Bowie is so young!! I saw him on Broadway many moons ago, what a talent! Have a Merry Christmas! Mary

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely banner!
How exciting to sing on the radio! Eeek! I enjoyed reading your post!
I hadn’t heard Bowie singing with Bing before, thanks for the link!
Oooh, it’s exciting now but I’m sooo not ready for Christmas!
Barbara x

rosey175 said...

Very pretty banner! I love Bing Crosby version of Christmas carols. David Bowie with him looks so incredibly young, wow.

Elfie said...

Holly and Ivy is lovely. And so is your song choice. Merry Christmas!

Sheryl said...

Such a pretty banner and the song you chose is one of my favourites. Happy Christmas.

jocondine said...

Visiting for the Advent Calendar, nice stitching. Joyeux Noël ! xxx