Wednesday 31 December 2014

And the count down begins to a New Year .....

Hi every one :) well here we are again .... its 8.41 pm at the mouse house and we are excitingly waiting for the New Year 2015 to begin ... Master Bentley is sat at the side of me and wants to wish every one a wonderful new year .... he would like to raise a toast with his cuppa to one and all .....
Well I have had an exciting postie week since the other day ... I have had two parcels from over seas ... one from DJ who has sent me a beautifully stitched and beaded ornament of a mouse and a key ring that has me in fits of giggles when you press the "press here" .... I wish I could record it for you ... it says "hey you I LIKE you ....I rrreallly LLLLL Like you  " with the rolled R's and L's ...lol 
and the other from Ann who has sent me a gorgeous crocheted snowflake which will be kept out all year just because I can ... heheheh... I also got a RAK from Heather which I plum forgot to mention and show you so I shall rectify that as well and Michelle sent me a beautiful handmade calender which in  the tidying up before guests came on on Christmas day has got put in the craft room some where under the archaeological layers ... so once I find it again I will take a photo ... thank you girls sooo much :)
Well as the want to do, is at this time of year, is a recap of how the year went ... on the whole it was pretty good with many highs and the odd whoops ....
Kidney stones and a cold/ cough are the odd whoops.....
 the highs well ...
I got to meet Stuart Hillard a few times and had a class with him...started to make a quilt... and made him a wee present ....I started to crochet again and am doing quite well to say the least ... it isn't perfect but hey its just me :)... I had a couple of trips to the Nimble Thimble in Wales and then there was a couple of trips to Harrogate or three ...lol ... sent out a few RAKs and won some wonderful blog winsand RAKS too  ... still working my way through the charts :) and I have managed 22 finishes ... which for a wee mouse that works full time I am impressed with :)
My Goals for the New Year ... well lets just say... hopefully to stitch more, do some more quilting , visit more blogs to say hello and move into the new mouse house with my bigger craft room, which still needs finishing off ...lol and to be as healthy as I can be :) 
And this I wish for you all too ... to stitch more, to chat more with friends and to be as healthy as you can be :)
I shall leave you now to bring in the New Year however you celebrate .... I have a cuppa (I do have some cider to toast in the New Year for later chilling in the fridge) , a toffee crunch Chocolate Orange and my stitching .... what more could a wee mouse want ...lol 
Rak from Heather

Present for Bev a sewing machine tidy 

from DJ

From Anne 

Christmas presents from my Dad ...
yes I know I have been stitching these but charts were borrowed and going back

ooooo ellloo again

almost finished ... wooo hoooo

so there you go folks a wee recap of 2014 ..... hard to believe that another year is almost over ... there are fireworks going off already and Master Bentley wants to go out and see them ...  I have told him its tooo cold ...lol 
well I think another cuppa is in order while I get on with my stitching ... so take care one and all ... have a wonderful evening and I shall squeak to you next year ... love mouse xxxxxx

31 comments:

Tricia T said...

Happy New Year, Mouse!!!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

A happy healthy New Year to you!!

Jane said...

Happy New Year Mouse and hugs to Bentley from Monty xxx

Stitching Noni said...

Happy New Year Mouse!
I hope that 2015 is a great year for you and the family :)
Hugs xx

Mary Ann said...

You received some lovely gifts!

Happy New Year!!

Margaret said...

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Ruth said...

Happy New Year and a big ole scratch behind the ear for Bentley!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year Mouse to you and all your family. Wishing you an enjoyable stitching 2015! xx

butterfly said...

Lovely post and gifts .
Happy New Year.

Angel Jem said...

Happy New Year!

Shebafudge said...

Happy New Year! Hope it's a great one for you all. xx

Christine said...

Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! boy, 22 finishes! I feel more ashamed than ever now, mouse! :D
enjoy all the goodie goods, your friends treated you well! ❤️
chiara

Julie said...

Happy new year, a post full of lovely gifts you received.

Carol said...

Enjoy those lovely gifts, Mouse--and Happy New Year to you and your entire family :)

Denise SA said...

Happy New Year

Linda said...

Happy New Year Mouse.

Linda

Vickie said...

Wonderful! Happy New Year to you!

Barb said...

You have had a great year of stitching and crafting. I hope you have a wonderful 2015!

Andrea said...

Happy New Year Mouse!

Lots to look forward to.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely gifts! I like the LHN charts.
Hope you are enjoying 2015 so far.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Happy New Year, Mouse! Enjoy your goodies :D

Kate said...

Happy New Year Mouse.

KimM said...

What lovely, lovely gifts - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
xxx

KimM said...

What lovely, lovely gifts - HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
xxx

Southpaw Stitcher said...

All your presents look lovely. I like your Frosty Flakes ornament. I have stitched him, too. We have good taste! Master Bentley is suave as usual. Hope you have a happy, healthy, stitchy New Year!

Brigitte said...

You have received some lovely little gifts from your friends. And you are so close to a stitchy finish, which will be a good start of the new year. Good luck with your goals - some of them are the same as mine - and a happy and healthy new year!

Maggee said...

Great post, as always Mouse! 22 finishes is a good number, considering the fluctuations in your year! It just makes me in awe when you say you went to Wales a couple of times! I know we can go to Canada or Mexico easy enough, but visiting European countries truly impresses me! Happy 2015!

Karoline said...

Sounds like you had a good 2014, hope you have a great 2015

Anne said...

Happy New Year Mouse!! Here's to a new year full of stitching, crafting and lots of cuppas with some treats to chase it down with...heheheee! Fabulous little gifts you received! I spy my snowflake! I'm glad it made it :D Love to see Master Bentley...he always makes me smile and want another springer spaniel..sigh...one day! Hugs to you!

Annette-California said...

Happy New Year Mouse! the mouse DJ sent you is so cute and the mini ornament beautiful. What lovely gifts you received and that darling sewing machine tidy you made looks wonderful. Always a pleasure to see Mr. Bently:) love Annette