Saturday 19 May 2018

Grab a brew ... its gonna be a long post ..lol

Helloooo...... cooo it has been rather a long time since I posted ...bet you think I have forgotten you all ...well grab a brew and a cookie and I will fill you in on what's been happening at the mouse house .....
the kitchen redo got done ... took a few weekends to get it all finished and I just need to order the cooker hood to come when I am off in a few weeks to make sure I am in to receive .. nothing worse than missing a parcel ... not to be out done we also redid the front room too, giving that a wee makeover while we had all the stuff out 
In between all that I finally finished all my NVQ work and there is just one section that my manger needs to do a statement for as it couldn't be observed due to confidentiality and then I will be certified woooooo hooooo heheheh .........I have since found out that I have PASSEDDDDDDDD :) I am now certified hahahhah
Chris and I went to Wales for a few days to the Nimble Thimble meet up with some fellow stitchers and had a fabulous time , we also went to the WalesWool Festival on the Sunday before we tootled off home ... think I prefer the stitching shows ..it did have live sheepees and goats there so I was impressed ( took some piccies ) The weather was kind to us and the scenery was amazing and so was the A483 .. not a pothole insight for the 63+ miles it took us to get to the show from where we were staying. We had lovely long nights chilling doing some crocheting and I also did a new start while I was there as well .... done quite a bit more on it too but not sure if taken an up to date photo yet ? Of course there was a wee bit of stash enhancing done .. not as much due to lack of funds hahahaha
I have sent the blogerversary gifts off to Lynda and Daffycat sooo I will be able to show you what I have made for them soon :)
Don't fall over but .... I have finally finished off my birthday quilt ... yes you read that right hahahah..... I have had a get stuff finally finished head on ... I have also made a needle book and today framed up 6 pieces that have been bugging me to get done ...
I have worked a wee bit more on my Linen and Thread Sal 2017 , did an exchange piece for Chris so I can show you that as she has got it and loves it .... hmmmm what else ... ohh yes made a wee crocheted blanket for a little one due in June .. mum has got it and loves it .. done quite a bit more on my blanket for our bedroom  .. I am on a roll ..lol 
In between all this we had a three day weekend where the weather for once was gorgeous and I got everything washed in sight and dried to boot ...my neighbour thought I had changed into widow twanky hahahahah ....
Cooper has now turned one and I managed to get a couple of gorgeous photos of him finally looking at the camera ... bribery with a ball is a wonderful thing hahhahah
Not sure if I showed you the wonderful exchange pieces I got from DJ .. she did me a belated birthday gift as well and added some more stitching etc just because ... I was really spoilt 
1938 cast iron fireplace fits perfectly back into place

all out let the renovation begin




My stitchers exchange gift to Chris 


Kitchen finished bar the extractor hood

Goodies from an antique shop :)

Merry Mouse getting there 

start of the front room spring clean


and finished :)

chilling in wales 

curtain of knitted/ crocheted poppies at the wool show

gold added in for contrast 


Linen and thread slowly getting there

quilt finallllly finished woooo

redoing my sewing chair

feels so much nicer to sit on now when at the machine

Needlebook finally finished

hawthorn flowers 

we had a wee visitor at work

fabric enhancement 

new start specially for this weekend 


at the bottom of the Nimble Thimble Garden


Whittington Castle opposite where we stayed

Goodies from the Nimble Thimble 

when I had finished the weekend

Master Bentley snoozing

Waiting for the ball to be thrown

lily of the Valley in my front garden

Master Cooper at 1yr old 
My stitchers day exchange piece from DJ :)
Another of the pieces from DJ :)
Scissor fob and another wee stitched item in the background from DJ :)

Finally framed some pieces 



Soooo there you have it .. finally an update of a busy few months at the mouse house 
today I watched the Royal Wedding and it was lovely , we sat outside at the neighbours drinking Pimms :) it was a glorious day  and still is ... 
right I had better finish for now as we have some friends coming over and I need to get ready .... take care one and all and happy stitching and squeak to you all again soon :) love mouse xxxxx

11 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Master Bentley is very photogenic, he's a handsome fellow. It's been a beautiful day for the wedding - the weather couldn't have been better. Your lily of the valley is so pretty - does it come up every year?

marly said...

Wow. This post was like a magazine! A little bit of everything and all good!

Vickie said...

Love the way your kitchen now looks. Really love the new wallpaper in the front room. That is a gorgeous swan photo. DJ made awesome gifts!

Beth said...

Oh the photo of the swan! Stunning Michelle! Congrats on your work achievement, I hope it turns into more opportunities for you. I cannot believe how busy you ALWAYS are - going here and there - stitching and crocheting up a storm - and a huge home redo! I get tired just reading your blog. Loved the wedding - especially the the minister's address and the gospel choir. American touches in a most English of weddings.

Rhona said...

My goodness.....so many wonderful things in your post! Congrats on finishing your NVQ....what a great achievement. No potholes on your trip? That I don't believe ;) Love all the work you've done on the house....bet you're glad to have things back to normal. All your stitching is wonderful (as always!) and I LOVE that wall of crocheted poppies.

butterfly said...

You have been a busy mouse , love all your revamping every thing looks wonderful.
Love you stitching ,gifts and stash .
Your quilt looks fab.
Enjoy your week. Hugs.

Mouse said...

Hi Ann..thank you ..yes the lily of the valley comes up every year and spreads too :) Told master bentley he was hansome ..lol he thanks you ;) x xxx

Julie said...

Lots of lovely things you have been doing and finishing off.
Congrats on the PASS
I do love lily of the valley, we have some in our garden too

DJ said...

I know I'm late to the party...haha...what lovely gifts you stitched!! And your framed pieces look so nice! You have been a busy lass, haven't you? Congratulations on your pass, I'm thrilled to my toes for you! You catch the most amazing moments with your camera!! The swan pic is gorgeous! Give Master Bentley a pat from me...and you can tell him DJ thinks he's a handsome boy too! (ps glad you liked your gifts, it's always a pleasure to stitch for someone who appreciates it!!)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful photos and a lovely mixture of life and stitching!

Love the colours you chose for the Linen & Threads sampler, they go well with the crochet.
Great to see the Birthday Quilt all finished too, could you send me a photo of the finished piece with my block a little bit more visible so I can add it to my Happy Dance blog please?

So pleased that you framed my purple and white sampler too, I have the matching pillow you made me ready and waiting for the framed piece to arrive. I'll go and stalk the postman now!

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I loved catching up on all your news, Mouse. Lots of lovely things to read about. K. 😸