Wednesday 29 January 2014

Tea, Cake and lots of goodies :)

Hi every one :) hope this finds you all well and keeping warm ... lots of you are experiencing lots of the white stuff and we at the mouse house are expecting some too, even thought there is signs of spring arriving .... brrrrr .... any hoooo ... on to the good stuff ... cuppas and cake and not just the sponge kind either .... my lovely DD 2 made me a sweet cake .... how cool was that ... so pull up a chair grab your brew and a bit of cake or some sweeties and enjoy your visit ....
I have had a wonderful few birthday "days "..lol  I was taken out on Sunday for an early birthday meal to a very nice "posh " Italian restaurant by DH , and then on Tuesday my actual day I was up at the crack of dawn opening my  wee packages that have been arriving at the mouse house .... ooooing and aaaahhhing  at all the lovely cards and presents I have been given .... and there is some more on the way too ......I have bobbed the names up under the photos and links where they have a blog as it was soooo much easier..lol and I just love them all... thank you once again every one :)
Unfortunately I had to go to work but I did have a good day and got some lovely gifts from  work too :) and when I had finished DH took me to Meadowhall  and treated me to another lovely meal and bought me a gorgeous Swaroski  crystal necklace and a Cath Kidson handbag with matching purse how lucky am I :)
Talking of lucky I picked the winner of my celebration gift certificate but you will have to wait a wee while longer to find out heheheh .....
This last week I have been concentrating on Curly Q and am onto the last leg and can see the finishing line woooo hoooo ... and  drum roll please ♫♫♫♫♫ I have been doing some crochet... I have not done any in *Cough Cough* years and wanted to see if I could managed to do some .... soo with a wee bit of help from my friends I got started and you can see how well I have got on :)
Soooo do you want to see the photos ?????  I managed to remember to take a photo of the fabric stash from Grace and Favour from the other week .... 
from Grace and Favour at Marsh Mill 

signs of spring

daffodils coming up 

my sweetie cake made by DD2

can't miss him out ..lol 

birthday cake the sponge kind ..lol

from Bev ;) lots of lovely stitchy goodies and sparklie fabric

from Michelle  some wee charms that will come in handy :)


from June lots of spring like goodies :)

from Sally a gorgeous needleroll 

Made by Chris

stitched by Wendy


From Chris and Wendy ..lots to keep me out of mischief
 can't wait to try the pompoms :)


from Jo  a gorgeous wee bag... spot the mouse ...lol 

and the back :) she knows me tooo well ..lol 

from my work buddies 

My gorgeous necklace from DH

and from DH too :)


not bad for a beginner

opened up the bag from June so you could see all the wee goodies
and the smell of the sachet is divine :)

Curly Q by LHN almost done whoo hoo 

dive in plenty for every one :)
soooo there you are folks plenty of eye candy as well as the eating sort ...lol  I have just made another brew for you all  please stay and help me eat the cake ...lol 
ooooo I had better announce the winner another drum roll please ♫♫♫♫♫
                                              ANNE from Dolls musings :)
congratulations Anne ...email me when you have chance so I can get the right email to sort out the gift certificate :)
I am hoping to be busy this weekend and beyond making some wee raks for peeps but I will warn you when to stalk the postie ... 
Ok I had better say t.t.f.n and  hope to see you all again soon ... take care and happy stitching every one :) love mouse xxxxxx

49 comments:

Linda said...

Happy Birthday Mouse. You sure did receive some lovely gifts. Those cakes look yummy.

Linda

Mii Stitch said...

What a fantastic way to celebrate... so many sweet gifts!! Happy birthday!

geeky Heather said...

Happy birthday!! Lovely goodies...both the stitching kind and the eating kind. =)

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Great gifts!! What is the sweetie cake made out of? I've never seen one - very pretty!

Susan said...

Belated birthday greetings! It looks like you had a wonderful day and perfect gifts.

Tricia T said...

What a wonderful birthday! I have something here in the half made up stage. Maybe you'll get it by spring... : ) LOL!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Happy birthday, Mouse! Looks like you've got quite a haul there. I love doing granny squares, and love the colors of your yarn! Master Bentley is dapper, as usual.

Barb said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! So many wonderful gifts!! All that plus that wonderful cake!!

Margaret said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration! I'm especially envious of your signs of spring. There's just snow and cold here. Sigh.

Joysze said...

Work on your bday???? That's criminal!!!!!!! ;) You so deserve all those goodies, and more!!!! :D

Congrats to Annie!!!!! :D

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oooh, great goodies! Beautiful stitching too, I bet you can't wait to be done with Curly Q. :D She's looking lovely!

Christine said...

Great gifts and the sweetie cake looks amazing

Annette-California said...

Happy Birthday to you Mouse! You got lots of wonderful and beautifully stitched gifts. And those cakes!!! YUM. You are so blessed and lucky.
Many well wishes to you.
love Annette

Julie said...

Happy Birthday wishes, the sweetie cake looks amazing and so yummy. Lots of lovely goodies from your friends and colleagues and family.

Marilyn said...

Happy B-Day!!!
You received some great stashy gifts.
The cake looks delicious!
Marilyn

Chris said...

Hey Mouse! It looks like a fabulous birthday, lovely sweets and new stash.
Hi Bentley and congratulations to Anne!

Lois said...

What lovely goodies and that cake looks delicious! Belated Happy Birthday!

Pete's Pixie said...

Uhuh ... and another parcel winging its way to you just as soon as you stop eating sweetie cakes and get into your craft room to let me know what is supposed to be in it!!!!! I've seen bulbs coming up all over the place lately - can't wait for them all to bloom. They are forecasting snow this week sometime but as usual they forecast and it goes away cos its been found out! Hugs to Bentley xxx

Kay said...

Happy birthday xx

Vickie said...

My, my, aren't you blessed?! Wonderful! Love that sweetie cake your daughter made.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday again dear Mouse!! Lots of sweet presents for you to munch on, sip and stitch!! Love that little pouch Jo made! Um....did I see my name mentioned?! Me?! I won something?! WOW! What a magnificent surprise at 5:56 am to find out! Thank youuuu!! xoxo!!

Anne said...

Oh, I'll email you later on tonight when I get back from work since I have to get ready now!! HUGS again!!

Ali said...

Ah no!!! I forgot to send you a card!!! doh - so sorry but it looks and sounds like a great birthday particularly loving the sweetie cake mmmmm - loving curly q too - gorgeous. Enjoy all your new goodies to play with xx

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I'm so glad you had fun on your special day. Keep stalking the mailman, something's on its way! Hopefully soon!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mouse!

It looks like you were well celebrated this year as every person deserves to be!!!

Congratulations on your HD!

Maggee said...

Happy Birthday Mouse! Looks like it was a great one, before and during, and possibly after...? Made me very hungry now! Thanks for sharing all your goodies! My daughter got me tickets to see Sandy Patti for my birthday on the 8th--I am pretty excited! Hugs!

butterfly said...

Lovely cake from your daughter looks so yummy .
And great gifts from friends . What a lucky little mouse , did you get any cheese ?
Enjoy your week and playing with your goodies big hugs and xxx

Rhona said...

My, my...those cakes look scrumptious! And as for all those birthday goodies...wow!
Wish there were some signs of spring here, but your photos brighten my day!

Happy birthday!

Petites xxx et Cie said...

Happy Birthday Mouse! such lovely gifts...
Bisxxx

Denise SA said...

Happy birthday. You deserve all those wonderful gifts

Denise SA said...

Happy birthday. You deserve all those wonderful gifts

Vicky L said...

Wow you received a lot of nice gifts. Happy Birthday! Your cakes look yummy and bet they were!

Emma/Itzy said...

Happy belated Birthday! It sounds like you had a great few days lol.

I got a Cath Kidston bad in the same pattern for Christmas from my other half, just in a different style :)

You have been very pampered with all those presents :)

Carol said...

You sure were spoiled for your big day, Mouse!! Lovely bag and necklace from your DH, too--I'd say he's a keeper :)

Congratulations to Anne--lucky girl!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks like a delightful birthday celebration! The cake your daughter made is priceless!

Lesleyanne said...

Happy belated Birthday. So many gorgeous gifts.

Thoeria said...

Lovely lovely gifts Ms Mouse!! I'm so pleased you were spoiled! That sweetie cake.....ohhhhhh yummy yummy!!

Barb said...

Such a lovely day Mouse with lots of things to drool over (literally) well done to Anne.

Tamra said...

What a lovely time you have been having :) right down to the flowers starting to grow. You sure are a blessed Mouse. Have a wonderful day :)

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I have missed the big day itself. It looks like you had a very enjoyable time. Lots of lovely gifts. Have a great weekend.

Jo said...

Belated happy birthday! What a fabulous haul of presses :)

Brigitte said...

You seeme to have had a wonderful birthday with lots of stitchy and food-y and goodie-y gifts. Enjoy all and everything, except the cakes which might already be eaten, lol.

Great start into crocheting again, and wow, next time we'll see Curly Q finsihed, I'm sure.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Belated Birthday wishes to you :)
Your gifts are great, what lovely friends you have!
I am loving that you are crocheting,
the colors are lovely... and its your first attempt?! Its fantastic!! I have tried and tried... you make it look so easy. Maybe I will try again :)
I love your blog, its colorful and full of really interestingly happy things... I will pop back! :)

Stitching Noni said...

Scrummy cakes :)
Love all the gorgeous gifts you received - well deserved!
Congrats to Anne on winning the birthday giveaway :)
Hugs xx

Karoline said...

Happy birthday! You got some gorgeous gifts

Sally said...

Happy Belated Birthday Mouse. What gorgeous gifts you received and yummy cake!

Lovely progress on your stitching.

Catherine said...

Fabulous bunch of birthday goodies, Mouse!!! And, in light of the weather we've been having, I was more than happy to see your signs of spring!! Hugs!

Simply Victoria said...

You are certainly well loved and remembered : ) Happy belated birthday.

Unknown said...

تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة رش مبيدات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تخزين اثاث بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة عزل اسطح بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

Here
Here
Here