Wednesday 1 July 2015

Pull up a chair its gonna be a long post ...lol

Hellooooo ... have you missed me ... I bet it has been awfully quiet ..lol ... grab a cuppa pull up a pew and don't forget your cookies ....
Well all I can say was my holiday was fabulous at the cottage in the middle of nowhere .... I got oodles stitched with three finishes to boot ... go me ..lol ... took mega loads of photos ...894 but I won't bore you with all of them hahahaha ... 
We arrived on the Monday night to rain and more rain the following day so I had chose my stitching spot and hermitted in the dining room over looking the hills .... 
Bentley loved running through the fields of buttercups and daisies and going for long walks down to the stepping stones and beyond .... we also took him to Fountains Abbey which I think he enjoyed ...but the best bit was being able to wander out into the garden any time he wanted and chase the pheasants that dared to go on his territory ... he never caught them thankfully ... not from want of trying !
When it got to Wednesday the weather picked up and was gorgeous ... we had fun in the pool (swam with whales no less heheheh) and went for some nice pootles and stitched .... 
We went self catering and DD2 and her other half made some wonderful puddings , waffles and sauces, toblerone and malteaster cheesecake as well as millionaires shortcake ...yummmmm
Thursday dawned beautiful and DD1 had never been to Fountains Abbey so DH and I along with Bentley went for the day .... the ruins never cease to amaze me ... and the gardens are fantastic not to mention the cheeky crows having afternoon tea while we were there ....
The only time we got phone signals was when we got near to civilization so I kept sending updates to FB ..lol... of views and can you guess where I am ...
It was a great place to chill and unwind and relax and stitch, well the last bit was me only hehehehe.
The long week came to an end and I managed to finish Cottage gardens Samplings July , April cottage of the month (yes still working on these) and my section on Gillies RR (Jardin Privie ) and the following week managed to finish my RR Pumpkin Row and have thought how to finish ... please note ..thought heheheh
The following week passed in a blur of getting things done and nipping over to see my dad ... He was really pleased to see us and showed us his mask ... he put it on and I said smile ...lol ... although he was quite cheery I was concerned as to how much he seemed to be affected by it all .... he was exhausted from walking a few paces and had to stop ... he commented how annoyed he was with not being able to do what he used to do ...and that he had to be helped to walk ... I said as far as any one knows you are propping me up not the other way round ... that did make him giggle but today I found out that my dad is back in hospital he collapsed last night and they have discovered that he has  numerous clots on his lungs and one significant one ... ..I had planed to go over this Friday, so will still be going to see him and staying over for a few days and check he is behaving himself and doing as he is told ... he has to have blood thinning injections.... he isn't good with needles or at least he wasn't but I suppose he won't have much choice ...
any hoooooo 
on to something a wee bit nicer .......
Next January its my ...eeeeekkk 50th birthday and I was wondering if ...Peeps would like to stitch me a design no bigger than 5 inch by 5 inch with a 2 inch margin all round on white/off white evenweave (or aida if that is what you stitch on )  add your initials as well..   so that I could make it into a memory quilt from my stitching friends  to make my birthday extra special ....
What do you think ???
okkk I think  you will need a top up and there is some cider chilling in the fridge if you would like a cool drink .. do have pop as well but the cider is calling me ..lol photos are being added in a few moments :)
view from my stitching spot

stitching away merrily



on of Master Bentley's play friends

song thrush

rest of the complex

having so much fun in the buttercup fields

magical mystery gate


wee robin on my walk

peter rabbit

this pool is heated ... bliss

told ya there were whales ...lol


fountains abbey

having soooo much fun

magical gate in sepia

view from Anne Bolyne's seat

oooooooooooo how did I get here ...

naughty but verrryy scrummy

atmospheric shot 

spent ages listening to this wee chap

whoops did get some stash  ssshhhh

after the paddle


my creation 

Gillies RR

Cottage of the Month 

he is smiling under there ..lol


Guess what we won for DD2

Belated birthday present from Jackie 

purple poppy

my RR finished 

just love that mouse :)
I received a lovely wee ornament from Jackie while I was off from work .... a belated birthday present that she hadn't been able to post due to being a wee bit sick in hospital ....I have it hanging in my craft room by my shelves keeping an eye on the proceedings which haven't got as far as I would have liked with one thing and another .....
Well I think I had better finish this essay ..lol and go and get ready for work tomorrow ... I will hopefully get round to bobbing in to see you all asap but our main computer has crashed on us and don't want to work so having to use the lap top now so  time will be shared out on it ....
Squeak to you all soon and hope you have a wonderful stitchy week ... take care one and all :) love mouse xxxxxx

31 comments:

gracie said...

It sounds like you all had a marvelous vacation.

Margaret said...

Looks like a lovely vacation. I recently watched a knitting podcast where they went to Fountain Abbey. It looks so interesting and pretty. I hope your father recovers well from his blood clots -- sorry to hear he is having such awful health troubles. Love all the pics -- Bentley looks like he's in his glory!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Your trip seems like a wonderful time! Hope your dad feels better soon. Glad you're back!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Your trip seems like a wonderful time! Hope your dad feels better soon. Glad you're back!

Barb said...

Wonderful vacation pictures! I'm so glad you had such a nice time. Mr. Bentley looks as handsome as ever. I'm so sorry to hear that your Dad is not doing well. I will keep him in my thoughts and my prayers.

Gillie said...

Gosh, my RR looks good. Lovely photographs xxx

Jacqueline Morris said...

Well hello there!!
I did not have to pull up a chair as I was already comfy laying in bed!! Lol coffee is on order! Ha ha
Great to see your have been having a lot of fun... Looked like a lovely relaxing holiday... Great photos. Bently is adorable.
And you managed stitching, awesome!!
The mouse I stitched for you had been waiting very patiently.... So pleased it finally made its way to you!!
Best wishes to you dad.
Big happy smiles :)

Annette-California said...

What a lovely vacation you had! Loved seeing Mr. Bentley's playmates - lol! Your CC cottages are so pretty! LOVE your pumpkin sampler & such a sweet Mouse from Jacquie! Great idea for your birthday for next year. YES I would love to be included. Gives me plenty of time to come up with a design:))) Let me know if you decide to go forward with it!
love Annette

Sally said...

So glad you had a lovely holiday. Beautiful photod and of course lots of lovely stitching to see :)

Hope your Dad is doing much better soon. Thinking of you both.

And it's a big fat YES from me on the square front! I will have to get my thinking cap on and look through my stash or go shopping lol! I loved my memory quilt that you and all those lovely people stitched on for my 50th. So happy to take part :)

Denise SA said...

Lovely photos as usual sorry to hear about your Dad will keep you all in my thoughts
Off to think about a 5 in square

Carol said...

Oh, what a pretty place you vacationed in! I'd love to be there myself right now--and what pretty stitching you managed to do while away... So sorry to read about your dad's health slide--it is so hard to watch our parents go downhill.

Take care now and enjoy the rest of your summer, Mouse!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely post! Looks like you all had a great time... and you even got some stash :D Bliss!

Vickie said...

What a splendid holiday! Loved the pictures.
I am sorry to read about further health problems your father is having. I am praying.♥

Maggee said...

Thank you for sharing (as always) your vacation with us! It is amazing to me that every European country has artifacts/buildings older than our country!! The Abbey looks lovely! I must have missed the name of the RR with Gillie--what is the design? It looks so pretty! I do hope that your father has improved while in hospital, and that he stays better for a good long time! Hugs!

Karyn said...

What an amazing vacation you had, I am so glad that you enjoyed yourselves...and the pics were so fun!
Sending hugs and prayers for your Father, Mouse...
Hugs
Ma

Linda said...

Awesome post Mouse. Looks like you had a great vacation. Lovely stitching.

Linda

Minnie said...

Great vacation, with all the pictures felt like I was right there too. Best wishes to your dad, hope he feels better.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Looks like you had an amazing time! Beautiful stitching. :D Really hoping your father gets better soon!

Angela said...

Lovely pictures and stitching :) Hope your Dad feels better soon. Sending hugs x

DJ said...

Hi Mouse! Looks like everyone (including Bentley) had a wonderful time on your vacation! What lovely views you had, no wonder you were inspired to stitch!! (And what beautiful stitching you did too!!) So sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope now that they know what the problem is, they can have him on the mend soon! I would love to stitch something for you for your birthday!! Sign me up! *Hugs*

butterfly said...

So happy you took a lovely holiday looks like you all had so much fun.
So sorry about your father he will be in my prayers ,
Wonderful photos , and yes count me in for your 50th , have you got a theme in mind .
Take a look at my blog you may have a surprise hugs.

Babs in Alabama said...

Looks like you had so much fun on your trip. enjoyed all the pictures, but sorry about the news of your dad since you left. You are probably already back there or maybe next Friday.
Did you mean a 5x5 from some-timers or all-timers? lol I guess if you get too many you can work some magic :) Any theme besides the ever-lovable mouse?

Julie said...

Such a tranquil place you chose to holiday, perfect way to relax and recharge the batteries.
Good wishes for your dad, I hope he is soon home and resting peacefully in home surroundings, hospitals are no fun!
Nice stitching you accomplished on your hols.
Take care x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like you've been having a lovely time and lots of stitching too.

I'm peeved you've beaten me to the brilliant idea though! It's my big birthday next year too and I've been thinking of what to do to celebrate LOL. Mind you I don't quilt so I would just have a nice collection of squares.

Count me in for making one for you anyway and you'll have nine months to return the favour!

Beth said...

Your Yorkshire holiday looks to have been glorious - beautiful scenery, pretty birds, stitching, scrummy goodies! I do hope your father is able to progress with his recovery - cancer just sucks.

Meari said...

What a great trip :) Looks like fun was had by all, except for the birdies being chased by Mr. Bentley.

Brigitte said...

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing vacation at a wonderful place - just the mention of a toblerone cheesecake makes my mouth water - and then the picture - have to look up the recipe.
Great pictures of the scenery, too.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Oh Mouse, the beautiful things you get to see over there. Sigh! I'm glad you had a nice getaway. I'll send positive thoughts for your dad and family. That cheesecake looks oh so good and the stitching is beautiful. Have a good week! Hugs!

KimM said...

What a great post - looks like a fabulous time.
xxx

Dani - tkdchick said...

You've got lots of great stitching going on and your new stash looks great!

Joysze said...

Mouse-y!!! What a fabulous vacay you had!! Enjoyed each and every photo. xox