Monday 13 October 2014

Operation Craft Room and other tall stories

Hi every one :) please pull up your favourite comfy chair ... grab a brew and some cookies .... this could turn out to be a looonnngg post ...lol 
This past week I have escaped from work and had a week off ... the purpose was to start work on the new craft room and have some work done on the new mouse house too ... well things were going swimmingly until a drain stopped play ...
We have had a wonderful new garage put on the back of the house and outside of my room and in the garage is a drain .... well there has been some water leaking into the craft room and we thought it was because the pipes needed sorting out and the drain top re aligning ... alas it wasn't meant to be ... the real reason was the main drain pipe from next door had been broken once on their side and then the other on ours hence the wet floor in my room as the water has been seeping through the walls ... good job it is a Yorkshire stone floor and not carpet .... soooo we now have to wait to get it sorted before I can continue with the room ... luckily the furniture was out of the way ....
I have done some prepping work on the walls and scrapped away all of the loose paint on half of the room and that is as far as I have got as by then bending wasn't an option ...lol .. the reason for this was on Monday DD1 and I took a road trip in the mouse mobile to Harrogate as she wanted to go back to some shops and have another look round the park again .... the weather was glorious perfect for a pootle through the park and through the woods ( we had to cross a main road to continue) and finally arriving at the RHS Harlow Carr ... we kept on saying will just see what is around the next corner ...lol and as we weren't rushing and I was taking or rather trying to take photos of the sqwibbles it didn't seem that we had gone really too far ... that was until DD checked it up on the map ...lol ... we were lucky that the garden centre had a Betty's Tea Room and as we originally said we would go for something to nibble on in the one in the town, we decided as we were there we would try this one out ... all I can say is although a wee bit on the expensive side it was worth it as a special treat :) ...the cakes on display were fantastic .... unfortunately no photos of these were taken ...  but I did manage to get a picture of my cuppa with the silver tea pots .... hopefully will be able to get this one off my phone ... me and modern technology don't always get on hehehehh...
We popped into the garden centre shop next door and there was a balcony so I managed to get some pictures of the wonderful gardens which we said next time we would go for the day just there .... and then we had the long pootle back which seemed shorter ...lol 
The rest of the week seemed to pass in a blur of checking on the building work and bits and bobs but I did get to meet a friend I had not seen for ages on Friday and we went to Wentworth Garden Centre and it was a lovely day sooo that was good ....
Saturday was a really good day too as Ally and I tootled over to Holmfirth to see Frances and her house guest that had come over from America ... can you guess who it was ??....Well if I say britsh lady by the lake does that help .... it was our lovely Gillie ... she had come over with the WT to France then bobbed over our side of the channel to meet up with us and a few other peeps she knows .... Frances put on a wee spread for us all and boy was it delicious ... the cakes were very very scrummy ....and home made ... must remember to ask for the recipes ...lol .... we spent a very pleasant afternoon stitching and chatting and I did some crocheting :) before heading back home to reality .
Blimey a week has passed and I haven't finished the post .... I had a busy ole week at work went to a different branch to cover and loved the office ... I had a large window with a view ... trees ... there was a road too but a much better out look than a printer ..lol 
managed to get a present finished too ... more will be revealed next time as I can't show you yet in case the person it is for reads my blog before then ...lol
done some more on my TP but not taken a photo yet .... that will be remedied .... worked some more on my wee blanket ...
My exchange piece arrived safely to Libbie and she loves it PHEW sooo I can show you that now :)
coooo another few days have passed by and I have still got more to tell you ... I am now moving branches with work .... I will be going to my own office with a view of trees and a pub but its a view ...lol and it all beings on Monday next week ....  
I also managed to get the fabric for my quilt lesson with Stuart Hillard of the Great British Sewing Bee fame ... bless him he has to put up with me for a whole day ...lol
well I had better get the photos up otherwise this post will be delayed even more .... I will get round to visiting peeps this week now things have calmed down a bit and hopefully I will get some stitching done .... watch this space ..lol 
I shall bob the kettle on again and get some more cookies for you :)
more work on the TP

Loving how this is turning out 

wee giftie for Gillie 

and one for Frances 

Ally and Gillie don't ask me what they were laughing at ....

scrummy spread by Frances ....

squibble in France's view from her garden

the moon the other night

now you see it 

now you don't

poorly drain :(

see I did managed to get a bit done in there that week 

exchange piece for Libbie

Harrogate Park







finally at the garden centre refreshments ...






goodies from Betty's 
Soooo there you have it folks ... hope you have enjoyed your visit to the mouse house again :) take care one and all and happy stitching and I shall squeak to you all soon again ....love mouse xxxxx

33 comments:

Vickie said...

I hope the drain mess gets fixed up easily and quickly.
Wow. Do you ever have your work cut out for you with that paint scraping!
How wonderful to see Gillie again.

Annette-California said...

You've done a great job of scrapping all that paint off. Looking beautiful! Awe those leeks! Hope the pipes get fixed soon. Lovely time you had visiting with Gillie! Beautiful lunch she made for all of you. Your blanket is so pretty, the colors look great.
I enjoyed your post - Thank you for sharing. love Annette

Linda said...

Lovely pics Mouse. Sounds like you had a great week. Hope the drain gets fixed soon. Cute finish.

Linda

Tricia T said...

What fun pictures! Love the one of Ally and Gillie! I hope you'll get things sorted out with the drain soon!

Ali said...

Lovely post I love surrogate but have yet to go to Harlow Carr xx

cucki said...

Aww such fun pictures
Hugs xx

Margaret said...

Good luck with that drain pipe mess. I do hope it's sorted very quickly. I'm anxious to see everything finished and done! Lovely stitching, love seeing all the sheepies!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Lovely pictures! Lookingg forward to seeing the craft room once the drain gets fixed of course!

Rhona said...

Fab pics, Mouse! Sounds like a great week...except for the drama with the drain. Hope you get it all sorted.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love the exposed brick but can't imagine scraping all that! I hope the drain gets fixed soon as I can't wait to see more progress pics!

Christine said...

Those gardens look beautiful. Hope your drainage work gets sorted out soon

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you've been incredibly busy. Lovely stitching and crochet too! :D

butterfly said...

What a great post.
Love all your lovely photos , just wonderful.
Your stitching and crocheting is looking fab.
Hope your drain is ok now we had one go under our drive , so now a new drive next year Great ! just what we needed .

Julie said...

Such a beautiful garden you visited.
Hope all goes well in your new office, nothing nicer than a view of the outside even on a wet day like today.
Looks like you had a lovely weekend with Gillie and friends.
Get well soon little drain!

Thoeria said...

You've certainly been a very busy little mouse! I would never have managed to do that to the wall!! Pity about the naughty drain - but now you know what it is and get it sorted so your craft room can blossom!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh I hope the drain issue will be sorted soon!
Love your little finish for Libbie, it looks perfect :)

Carol said...

What a huge project you've undertaken, Mouse--sure hope the drain problem is fixed and the paint scraping continues to go well...

Loved seeing all of your photos and learning some new expressions (pootle and scrummy!!)... Have a great week!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So much going on in your life! DIY and building work is so stressful, I hope it's all sorted now.
I did hear Gillie was in the Uk for a little while, she's been doing the rounds of her stitching friends.
You certainly seem to be looking after her well.
Lovely gifts too.

Maggee said...

Your new house certainly has plenty of projects to keep you and hubby busy! Hope the drain mess is resolved very soon! Looks like you had a great trip to Harrogate and good times with friends! Thanks for sharing it all! Hugs!

rosey175 said...

Good luck scraping off all that paint. Your poor knuckles! DIY house things are so rewarding once you muck through all the drama that seems to surround them.

Also why does that sheep have red and blue dots!?

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Beautiful photos as always. Love your finish with the purple linen. That squirrel is the cutest! Hope you get the drain problem fixed without having to spend too much money.

Brigitte said...

A broken drain, that's not so funny. but you are lucky that you don't have some carpet in that room. You have been doing great scraping the paint off the wall. I love the sight of the briyk wall that is under the paint.
Such a lovely gift that you stitched for your exchnage partner. And a great afternoon with Gillie.

Sally said...

Wow you have been a busy Mouse! Lots of lovely things to look at except that drain of course. That is a bummer.

Lovely stitching. Hmmmm the first one looks very familiar! I wonder why?!

Beth said...

My but did Frances ever put on a wonderful spread for you and Gillie and your group! The Harrogate Park is lovely - my sister would go mad for all the dahlias. I hope you get the drain thing sorted out and are able to continue working on your craft room. Someday I will make it back to Yorkshire and treat myself to tea at Betty's!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely long post, Mouse. So good to read of all your doings. Lovely stitching, too.

Andrea said...

Sorry about the drain, hope it is sorted out soon. Your craft room is coming along nicely too. Ahhh Betty's, I don't suppose you can go to Yorkshire without visiting Betty's Tearooms. I know when we went years and years ago we just had to look longing in there and imagine all the foodie goodness. I do remember there being a long queue then.

And This Little Pig said...

Yes my exchange piece did arrive and it is lovely :@

DJ said...

Wonderful pictures of your tour, Betty's looks wonderful!! So glad you like your new office! Hope you can get the drain situation fixed soon...can't wait to see more progress on your stitching room!! Love the picture of Gillie and Ally...where's Frances??? So glad you got to see her!! *Hugs*

DJ said...

Wonderful pictures of Gillie and Ally, the gardens and your house! Can't wait to see more progress on your stitching room, I hope the drain problems are fixed soon! Lovely stitching!! *Hugs*

Denise SA said...

Wonderful photos as usual hope drain is on its way to being fixed

Meari said...

Nice to see what Gillie and Ally look like! Adorable gift from Gillie.

Love the colors in your afghan.

Congrats on another nice finish.

Anonymous said...

Hello

What a treat to find your blog. Lovely stitching, great photos and an extremely handsome Master Bentley!

Unknown said...

Bhaskar Export in Faridabad :- Customer Services Providers 24 Hours Service Computer and Internet Marketing and all computer Service:-



SEO India
Computer Hardware
Computer Troubleshooting
International Courier Services
Internet Marketing
International us Edition

Bhaskar Export in Faridabad
Phone no:- 0129-2242027
Site:- http://www.bhaskarexport.co.in