Sunday 11 February 2018

Time is flying past ...

Hellooooo my friends ... so sorry it has been such a long time since I had the kettle on and cookies, but tonight I have remedied that and have lots of goodies in for you all .... well since I last waffled on I have had my birthday 21 again + vat  ..lol  ( and a few late Christmas goodies ) and have almost finished my NVQ Level 4 Business administration ....thank goodness is all I can say ..lol ...my poor wee brain has well and truly been addled doing this ...andddd I want to get back to my crafting which has sorely been neglected because of this, as over Christmas I had a 4,000 + word assignment to do which I did and passed with flying colours * I nearly fainted in shock when my tutor told me ...lol 
I got some lovely goodies for my Christmas and Birthday and will show you those later ...I have managed a finish on the hermitting weekend in January and done a new start ...been crocheting away merrily and done more on my Cupcake blanket , finished my green and cream one and started a purple multi coloured one with Aqua accents.... to match my new purple car called Penelope ( Penny for short ) as I had to hand my last mouse mobile back. She is a much smaller car but I love driving her and she is simply perfect for me now all DDs have got their own cars so I don't need to drive them anywhere any more ..lol 
I am hoping soon to move upstairs with my craft room into the attic so watch this space too ... and DH is going to have this room as his gentleman's Parlour ..lol .. as you can tell it is all change here at the mouse house ... we are going to be revamping the kitchen in June all being well when I am on my annual leave ... so should be fun hahahaha
I haven't been out an about either so not got many photos to show you apart from the super moon and when it snowed the other week I managed to get some photos of the birds on the feeders ... they ain't brilliant as taken through my kitchen window and so are rather grainy to say the least ... roll on better weather when I can get out more .... diet is still going well managing to stay around the 4 stone loss and hoping this year to lose a wee bit more all paws crossed :)
Just looking at the photos and remembered I hadn't shown you the stitching  I had been part of as a present for DJ :) ... I stitched "I just wish he didn't trust" bit of it ... as well as the merry mouse I started on 40 count ... I have done a wee bit more than what is on the photo but I can't find an updated photo so may have to take another one when I next get it out ....
Present for DJ


Merry mouse .. done more than this 


Finished green and cream Blanket :)

My new dresser for my kitchen .. basis of revamp 
duck egg blue :)

finished an oldie finish inspired by DJ :)
and a little help from her too ....


Progress on the " My Soul is fed by needle and thread "

new blankie for car modelled by Rosie ...

Master Bentley dog napping ..lol

Finally finished my RR in 2018 ... note the date on the frame !!!

Progressing on my cupcake blanket 

Stitched this wayyyyyy back in 1996 

Navy Aida !!! before I knew about other fabric 

my birthday cake 

Christmas presents from Jo ( Serendipity stitcher)

Birthday cushion from DH and DD's 
all my bears are on there , Bracken , Monty and Bentley :)

Necklace from DH and the girls



Birthday present from Jo :)

From Lainey



From Sally W 

From Butterfly 

inside the card .. how fab is that :)

from Lucy full of Danish Cookie :)

Just love this saying from Wendy and Chris 


More handmade goodies from Wendy and Chris :)




from my friend Mango :)

Ohhh here I am with my great neice ... getting lots of cuddles :)


Favourite photo of Bentley in the snow a few years ago 


Handmade goodies for Christmas of Chris and Wendy ..
perfect for the weather we are having :)

Some more adorable mice made by Chris and Wendy


a bobbin holder when doing piece work such as patchwork :)
from Chris and Wendy



the wee wooden mouse from Butterfly ,
other ornies are made by DJ


From my Boss ..she knows I love candles :)

Blue tit in the snow we were having 

Magpie foraging in the snow covered ground  

Super moon January 2018
I think I have remembered everything ??? 
Whoops nope .. here is my new start which is almost a finish ..lol


heheheh nope found that I had missed my new start which is almost a finish ... from the Cricket Collection "Why is it " .. have loved this one since I saw a friends finish and finally got the chart last year in a sale bin at  the Sparklies stall so I couldn't leave it behind after all this time ..lol I am stitching it on Slightly Nutty 32 count Sparklies fabric with Thread works thread no. 11011... not quite sure how I am going to fully finish it as of yet as got a few ideas running through my head for it :)
well I had better finish waffling for now and do something crafty for an hour or two .. I am off for the next couple of days and DH and I are going to stay at a hotel ,one of our Christmas presents so I shall hopefully tell you all about it when we get back and have some photos to show as well ...Don't panic we are leaving Master Bentley in charge of the girls ...lol....

17 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Lots of goodies. Pooh is super cute.

deb said...

Good to see a post from you! Enjoyed seeing all your lovely goodies, your stitching, and your crocheted blankets (wow!). :)

gracie said...

Wonderful goodies...love all the pictures.

Julie said...

So many lovely things in your catch up post. Firstly, congrats on the level 4, well done. You look super with your little great niece.
Lots of pretty gifts and nice new goodies. Sweet stitches and crochet done too.
Enjoy your little break away. Xx

butterfly said...

What a great and big post .
Love everything you have been so busy .
Lovely stitching and crafts , lovely gifts
Love your new dresser.
And oh I love Mr Bentley.
Have a fun week.

Vickie said...

Holy Smokes lady! Do NOT stay away so long!! I cannot wait to see your rearranged home. :) YOU are well loved that is for sure! Lovely gifts.

Parsley said...

Enjoyed reading your post today as I get back into blogging with my new blog. Always have fun things to read about. Having a cuppa across the miles...

claudy said...

vous avez un blog magnifique du velour pour les yeux longue vie de votre blog je reviendrai.claudine

Kaisievic said...

Lovely long post, dear Mouse. Just about to have a cuppa and I will think of your having a lovely time away. hugs, Kaye

DJ said...

Oh goodness, I've missed your newsy posts!! Looks like you've been busy, busy, busy!! I hope your studies end soon so you can get back to what you love to do!! Thank you again, for my lovely gift. I keep it where I can see it every day! Give Bentley a pat from me, and hugs to you!

Maggee said...

You are so multi-talented!! I enjoyed seeing all your many finishes, WIPs and crocheted blankets! Wow! I have resisted crocheting (only know one stitch, anyway!) because I have stitching to keep me busy! MUCH! Thank you for sharing your Christmas and Birthday presents with us! I look forward to seeing the kitchen redo in the Spring! Hugs!

Andrea said...

A wonderful post. Loved your news and all of your photo goodness.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A Wonderful post, well worth waiting for!
Congratulations on the achievements, both academic and weight loss (that's half a Jo by the way!).
You certainly got some gorgeous gifts for your Birthday (and belated Christmas!) and some lovely cards too.

Looking forward to seeing the new Craft Room, is there a nice dormer window with a view?

Beth said...

Green and cream blanket is lovely as is your revamped dresser. You are looking good my dear!

Roz said...

Love your blog and stitching/crochet goodies Ms Mousie. Would love to enter your prize draw.

I think you know my blog, but just in case https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/

Roz

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lots to catch up on in your post. You received some terrific gifts at Christmas and for your birthday.

Robin said...

Nice catch up post. Lots of pretty projects and goodies.