Saturday 9 December 2017

Coooo twice in one week ... long overdue post ...lol

Helllo my friends hellooo , I have finally managed to get some time where I can sit comfortably with a cuppa, of course ( there are cookies ;0) and catch you up with what has been going on at the mouse house .....
when I did my last update little did I know that I would slip a disc in my back again resulting in horrible pins and needles down the right side of my body and me being unable to sit for more than a few mins in a chair .. the best place was for me to lie down ....and all this when got loads of ornies to finish off for work as well and just before Harrogate too ....
I got sent to Physio which has helped and some relaxant pills too ... so now I am on the mend and can almost run again hahahahhahaha sorry shouldn't make you laugh .....
Sooo are you comfy yet and got your cuppa's ??? I managed to get to the Harrogate Show and with plenty of pit stops and my tens machine stuck on me got round and got some nice goodies ... a wee bit different from previous hauls ...I have got the crochet bug and got lots of nice wool to make at least three blankets, I treated myself to a wool bowl as well and did get a few charts but only one piece of sewing fabric and of course some sparklies fabric which I seem to think I haven't taken a photo of, as I have put some away with the charts I bought them for .... whoops...
With not being able to get out and about I have not taken many photos but last Sunday I snuck out for a short bimble to the canal and got some photos of the last baby swan and a little grebe as well as a bull finch and a squibbbblleeee ... I was sooo excited to see it in the tree and then my battery decided to die on me and sooo I carefully without moving too much, put a new one in and got a wonderful shot of the said squibble ..wooooo ... it must be a mixed race one too as it had lots of red on it, either that or it was rusty ..lol, also managed to get a nice one of cooper that day too as they came to find me to check I was ok .. 
I have got a new unit for my kitchen which is duck egg blue and I love it .. it has mismatched handles which add to its charm .. it is a wee bit fuller now with things..lol
I forgot that Halloween has happened too and just found the photo of my exchange piece from Mary as well as the one I did for myself , Mary's is Boo from Brittercup designs I hope I have remembered that correctly and the one for myself was by StitchersAnon ....
A wee while back I was gifted from DJ, a wool pincushion to make up that came with its own box and I finally managed to make it up the other night and I am quite proud of how it turned out as it is the first one I have made like this ... DJ has also sent me two lovely ornaments as well as two scissor fobs one of them has a tea set on it ... wonder why she chose that hahahahh....
Well I had better get the photos up for you and get ready to go to bed as I am up early doors tomorrow as going into work for the ER shift as we are short of staff again this weekend ....

new unit with my new lantern 


my woolie pincushion from DJ


ornie that I did for Amanda
inside the Royal Theatre at Harrogate ,we were sat in one of the boxes


close up of the one we adapted for Colleen 

all of them finished wooooo

From DJ soooo cute :)

the one from Mary is on the right

got 4 balls of this scrummy wool

got a few more of this one 

got a full pack of the variegated and 4 of the plain lilac

love this bowl



thought this was just me ..lol

charts I bought
nearly finished this blanket ... love the greens in this one


Mr Bobbin 

Baby Cooper ....

Little Grebe

Bullfinch

Squibblleee
last baby swan of the season 

Blackbird
and not forgetting Master Bentley 


I think I have remembered everything ?? if not I will be back again soon, honest:) so I shall leave you and wish you all a good night and a happy stitchy week , take care one and all and I shall squeak to you all again very soon :) love mouse xxxx

12 comments:

Daffycat said...

Oh, wow...sorry about your back! That sounds so painful! I hope you’re feeling 100% very soon.

DJ said...

Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to sit at the computer. I will say I have missed your posts!! What lovely pictures you took of the creatures on your walk! Cooper and Bentley sure are beautiful dogs!! All your stitching and finishing looks lovely...and I'm so glad you enjoyed your goodies. I have a couple more waiting to be mailed!! Hoping you are feeling 100% better soon! *Hugs*

Vickie said...

Oh my friend, I am sorry to hear about your disc. I have a slipped disc in my back myself. :( Take good care. Your finishing is lovely.

Beth said...

Yikes! Be careful with your back - they are so easy to re-injure. Your green blanket is great. Bullfinch envy - what a handsome bird. Take care, take time and enjoy the holidays.

butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling a little better mouse.
Love your new dresser .
And what a post of candy floss you show us today love everything .
Have a good week.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I used a TENS machine during both my labours. I am convinced they work by distracting you from the pain by giving you something to fiddle with!
The new dresser is gorgeous, so much display space there.
Lovely photo of the Royal Theatre, but why were you there? Has the Needlework show gone upmarket?

Andrea said...

Ahhhh ... you be careful. I swear by TENS machines myself. Your new dresser is gorgeous, love the colour. I had to look twice at the theatre photo. I have never seen a theatre with tables where the stalls always are. It does look beautiful though. Great photos as always. Take care.

Maggee said...

Hope that by now you are free from the TENS unit and feeling much better! so sorry that happened! But despite all that, you've accomplished much! Love the pictures of birds of course. And the picture of Harrogate looks different than other years... I thought it was in a convention center before? You will be busy, adding in crochet projects to your schedule. Have fun! Hugs!

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you're feeling much better by now, no fun!
The dresser looks great, I'm sure it will be filled in no time.
I love all the stitching goodies, and your purchases are great too.
Lovely pictures, I'm glad you were able to get out.

Julie said...

A beautiful new dresser, what a great find.
You take such fantastic wildlife pics, you must live in a very beautiful area.
Hope you had a super Christmas and your back is healing well.

Karyn said...

Oh sweet Mouse, I'm sorry to hear about your back, and hope that you can start the year feeling better...sending hugs.
You have accomplished a lot this year, dear friend, especially considering you schedule and running a business...you inspire me ! Your pics are gorgeous, as always and could be hanging in a nature museum...the pics of sweet Cooper and Bentley are amazing...helps to have such stunning subjects to begin with :)
Your stitching year has been a good one, both purchases and finishes, you turn out beautiful finishes, Mouse, and I am looking forward to watching 2018's projects, as well.
Have a very Happy New Year, my very dear friend, and here's to another year of friendship.
Hugs

Meari said...

I hope your back is feeling better, Mouse. Lovely finishes and stashing! Your new addition to the kitchen is wonderful. Enjoy!