Sunday 20 August 2017

Christmas in July, August etc etc

Helloooooo everyone ... hope this finds you all well and stitching merrily away for that big day that is soon to come... the one starting with the letter C .....lol. The kettle is on and I have lots of yummies to munch on while you are here sooo make yourself comfy and I shall begin:)
My Christmas in July ornie for DJ arrived safely so now I can show you... I stitched her Merry Christmas by LHN and finished it in my usual way of a wee hanging ornament but this time I found the perfect buttons to finish it off with instead of stitching some of the chart :) I have started the stitching of ornaments for work as the time is going soooo fast the C day will be here before you know it ... I have done "I Believe in Santa" for Julie and just need to make it up and I have also almost finished one that I have adapted for Colleen that is a remembrance one for her mum :) next on the list is for Vicky which is going to be "Waiting for Santa" these have all come out of the Just Cross Stitch ornament collection magazines and will be keeping me out of mischief for the next month or so as I have to do one for David as well as one for the hamper ... nowt like having smoking needles hahahahah
I have also been busy on the crochet front ... and have now finished two blankets for my cousin Jane who has only got 10 weeks to go before the wee one should arrive if on time .. I have done her a pram blanket and also a snuggle blanket for those woke up in the night moments ...luckily she loves them both and I think for my first finishes they have gone quite well if I say so myself hehheh.
Work has been uber busy with me doing extra shifts on ER over some weekends which has cut into my crafting time as well as working towards my NVQ L4 in Business Administration ( in fact I am taking a break from it now to chat to you all sssshhhhh) 
Last weekend Chris and I went to the NEC Festival of Quilts along with a coach full of like minded ladies from our local quilt shop Oh Sew Sweet who also had a stall there .. it took us approx. 2 hours to get there which was good going and it was a lovely day to go down there on a coach, as the scenery was lovely, it took us a while to get used to how the halls were set out but once we got it, it was plain sailing to look at the stalls we wanted and others that just said cooooeeee over here ...lol ... I came back with some nice goodies some from Sparklies as a matter of course heheheh anddddddd .... my favourite famous Quilty person Mr Stuart Hillard was there signing his new book "use scraps, sew blocks make 100 quilts" I had warned him to save me one and to sign it to match my other one of his ... in fact we had just come from Kate at Sparklies stall when we saw he was there at the promotional stand and he looked up and shouted "Mouse don't move a muscle " soooo I stood quite still ... and waited as he was chatting to a couple. Once he had finished he was amazed at my weight loss and my shorter hair in fact he said I looked Fabulous!!! awww bless him ... soo of course I had to have my cuddle and photos were duly taken for prosperity,my scrap book and the blog for you all to see, he asked how my craft room was getting on as well ... see I make an impression where ever I go ..lol , it was lovely to see him again and have a catch up and hopefully soon another lesson with him. His book is fabulous too and I want to stitch at least 80 of the quilts .. I have enough fabric as it is hahahahahha
The show was lovely with some gorgeous quilts .. I took some photos but only with my phone soo not quite as good quality pics but hey ho at least there are some to see hehehehe ... we really could have done with more time there and more pennies as well ...isn't that always the case ...lol, I suppose you want to see my purchases ??? ok ... well I shall go and make another brew for you all...
my signed book from Stuart :)

a small amount of fabric

goodies 

more goodies and fabric

mostly fabric from Sparklies and goodies 

just love this shot I took the other week












Rosie out in the pouring rain



For Julie



gladioli 


finished pram blanket
heart shaped mushroom !





no prizes for guessing this stall .lol




Chris and Stuart + book

fab colour of a hand machine or what 

teeny tiny hexies !!!

Dear Jane quilt on the left 



part of a larger quilt but just had to ...lol








oh here I am with Stuart 

and again heheheheh

I won the woman of the year at my Slimming World group :)

second blanket finished 

mumouration of starlings if you look in the middle 

adaptation for Colleens ornie 
Soooo there you are ... hope I haven't bored you with all the photos ..lol Master Bentley says hello to you all as well ... he is waiting patiently for me to finish this so that he can go to bed bless him ... ( it is 10.36pm mouse house time) So I shall say night night and squeak to you all soon ... hope you all have a wonderful stitchy time until the next time you come for a visit ... take care one and all ... love mouse xxxxx

21 comments:

DJ said...

What a lovely post!! You really do look fabulous, and congratulations on becoming woman of the year! (You deserve that title...and not just this year either!!) I can't wait to see what quilts you'll create with those fabrics and patterns...I'll be watching! Lovely nature pictures too, you are so creative and talented. And as for the last picture...I'm drooling over that one, you know my love of violets!! Thanks for sharing all your pictures!

Daffycat said...

Ooo, you are so busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all - I'd be a frazzled mess. You look fantastic, girl! Good on you for being recognized like that, wow!

I love the photo of the cows. You can see them whispering to each other, " What do you think she's doing? Why is she standing there with that thing covering her face?"

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stitching Noni said...

Oh wow! What an action packed post! Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing :o) How wonderful that you got to meet up with that lovely Stuart :o) those quilts are amazing! Love going to quilt shows - there are some very clever people around the world! :o)
Hugs x

Maggee said...

First off, congratulations on the award, for which you look FABULOUS!! (Tho, did I know why you're using a crutch? Hope you are well!) As for the stash... oooh wow! All such lovely stuff! And those quilts are beautiful! ALMOST made me want to make one, but I resisted... too much cross stitch to do! Your baby blankets are nicely done, with lovely colors for the baby-to-be! Good on you, getting those ornaments done now, instead of later or never! I may think about doing that... Master Bentley is such a regal looking fellow... bet you enjoy him so much! Thanks for sharing with us again! Hugs!

Vickie said...

Michelle you look great! So does Bentley! ;) I love those blankets you made up.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love that Stuart remembered his biggest fan! Lovely photo of your both.
The quilt show looks amazing. Are you going to Harrogate? Sewandso are running a deal for tickets and hotel which looks rather good. Not sure if I can get away though.
Nice to see some stitching in the middle of the busyness too.

Beth said...

Busy, busy, busy! Michelle - thanks for sharing photos of the lovely quilts. You look amazing BTW - I hope you feel great too. Where did the summer go? Time flies.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

A great selection of photos. Couldn't get to the quilt show this year - who knows, maybe next year.
Congratulations on your weight loss. You look great.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, you are so busy! I don't know how you keep up with it all - I'd be a frazzled mess. You look fantastic, girl! Good on you for being recognized like that, wow!

ตารางคะแนน

butterfly said...


Lovely post fab photos, you look amazing .
Wow mouse you have been busy , love your Christmas stitching.
Love all the lovely stash you brought enjoy.
Love Bentley fell in love with him Ha.

Sally said...

Lovely post Mouse. Looks like you had a fantastic time at the show. Lovel the photo of you and Stuart. You are a very busy little Mouse with all those ornaments you are going to be stitching!

RJ said...

You have been mighty busy Mouse but it all looked great. What an amazing quilt show that I'm sure you enjoyed. Congrats...you look wonderful! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

Those quilts are amazing! Looks like you had a wonderful time.
You have been busy, it all looks wonderful!

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful quilts. Always inspiring. Looks like you got some nice goodies as well as met "Stuart". Congrats on the weight loss!

Joe D Bear said...

Mouse, what a great post, I LOVE going to quilt shows and seeing what everyone creates, what beautiful quilts you have shown. The Believe in Santa has been on my wish list..such a fast, cute stitch. Congrats on the weight loss, you look fabulous!!! And looking forward to seeing your "stash" purchases stitched!! Your going to be a busy mouse! Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

Weronika said...

What a great post! Congratulation on your award! You've done wonderful quilts. You look beautiful!

Julie said...

What a busy wee mousie you have been, all look lovely. Congrats on the new you, you look fabulous.

Sarah in Stitches said...

You look fantastic! Seems you had a wonderful time and taken some great pictures. Enjoy your yummy new fabric stash! :D

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! You look great. Love the pics. What pretty pups and gorgeous quilts!

stitchersanon said...

An amazing post..so much to see! Thank you for sharing.