Sunday 15 January 2017

A week off = lots of stitching :)

Hi everyone :) please pull up your comfy chair, grab a brew and a cookie and I shall begin ....
The week off was unexpected as I caught a bad cold and was unwell and not able to cope at work ... I am a lot better but unfortuately DH and DD1 seem to have got it now too :( .... but as my reginal boss said turn a negative into a positive ... I did ... got oodles of stitching done whoop whoop ... well I wasn't much good for anything else hahahahah
I finished a gift ... it needs to go in the post ... finished two christmas ornaments .. they are all prepped ready to finish finish , found a UFO that is now stitched ... just need to finish it off ... worked on my RR from last year and ...... started a HUGE SAL  on FB .....that was all Liz's fault she showed me the link and I was hooked ... line and sinker ...lol and boy is it a big sal ... there is a part out every month and it will be approx. 34 inches long by 15 inches wide once finished on my 28 count fabric ... I am using nearly everything from stash ... the fabric and the Gast Threads and one of the threadworks ... I bought 3 extra just in case ,so definitely have enough threads now, she says paws crossed ...
Before I got poorly DH and I went for a walk with Master Bentley and it was one of those gorgeous days where the sun was shining but there was mist around ...I have got a couple of atmospheric shots ..lol and we saw the kestral again ... I checked in the book that DH bought me at Christmas and its a female ... and the book came in very useful as my neigbours have put up some feeders that I can see from my kitchen and I was able to identify we have two types of tit at them, a bluetit and a great tit ...will mark the photos for you ..lol
I have had a play with my new sewing maching at a couple of the stitches and I am impressed .. just wish I had felt up to doing the quilt as it would have been finished by now as I have got the last square from Chris :) .. fingers and paws crossed I manage to get more done this next week as its not long till my next birthday EEEEKKKK ...lol
well not much else to report ..lol so I shall find the photos for you ....
last square for quit from Chris

great tit

Christmas Rose by LHN

Blue tit ... sorry taken through my kitchen window

UFO Little Tree by La d Da  now finished

moon the other night


managed to capture some stars

weeeee having fun

signs of spring
LHN ornament finished

Huge SAL


our little bobbin

the female kestral on our walk

one of the views on said walk

and this one too ..

ooo Mr Bobbin again


ermmm help i seem to be stuck

yooo hooo how do I get out of here ???

present ... not showing you the rest of it ..lol

RR  getting nearer to a finish

swan in flight .. taken from Kitchen window

Miss Jenny Wren 
Soooo there you have it for this week folks :) hope everyone has a wonderful stitchy week and not get ill to do it with either ..lol ..... take care one and all and I shall squeak to you all soon :) love mouse xxxxxxx
 

22 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Lots of lovely stitching and great photos!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Absolutely love the pictures!! Sad you were sick but I'm glad you got to be stitchy!!

Beth said...

Hope you are feeling much better now, though goodness were you ever productive stitchingwise while you were ill. As you might expect, I am mover the moon with your bird photos - the robin is so very dear. And that moon - wow!

butterfly said...


Oh how I love the little Wren and the Robin .
Well all your pictures are so beautiful.
Wonderful stitching , you have been so busy.
Hope your cold is better and that your family will soon be better too.
Mr Bently is looking so beautiful give him a hug from me .
Enjoy your week hugs.

Julie said...

Thre's a lot of nasty germs about, hope your family are soon feeling much better.
Lots of lovely happening whilst you were recouperating.
The kestrel pic if gorgeous and I love mr robin, he's good at posing for you.
Poor Master Bentley behind enemy lines!!

Vickie said...

I too have a cold I got from Brian. It has a lingering cough. :(
The view on your walk is just gorgeous!

KimM said...

So happy tp hear you're better - sorry you "shared the love" with your family . Lovely, lovely stitching. I need to get on the ball.....and get some projects out. Been busy sculpting and making 1:12 scale porcelain dolls. But stitching is calling me.....
xx

Maggee said...

Hope that your household is soon rid of those nasty sick germs, so everyone can get back on track! You did a lot of stitching tho! Quite nice! What is the SAL? Looks like a Quaker... The blue you are using is absolutely gorgeous!! Love Master Bentley pics! As for birding off your neighbors' feeders... all's fair...I am having a really great time of birding right now! A RARE bird has been visiting my feeders for 4 days now! Only one in the area... should be in the southern hemisphere, vacationing! Ha! You can see it (and others!) on my birding blog: stitchingdevotee.blogspot.com Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Kaisievic said...

Sorry to hear that you were so sick with a cold but the upside is that you did get lots of stitching done. Beautiful stitching and wonderful photos, as always, my dear. Hey, you tease - please tell me the name of the Big FB SAL - it looks beautiful!

Bea said...

Such lovely stitching - and finishes! I'm sorry you were sick though, I hope you are all healthy now.

Love the photos, especially the landscape and moon. Thoroughly enjoyed the birds as well - we don't have many that hang around over the winter.

deb said...

Your bird pictures, and the countryside as well, are lovely. You have bulbs coming up already? Wow! Am sure we won't see anything for six weeks or more.

Enjoyed seeing your stitchery as well - very nice. What's the huge SAL (nice start!) - is that a published design?

Stitching Noni said...

So pleased that you got so much done... and so happy that you are over the cold - shame everyone else has it now though! Love Bentley's action photos!
And wow, what a great start on the Linen and Threads SAL! I love your colours :o) I have only gotten as far as printing off January's chart - the size of that block has me freaking out! But the finished blocks are stunning. Can't wait to see more of yours :o)
Hugs x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching progress! Congrats on the finishes, and I'm glad you're feeling better now. You've taken some beautiful pictures! :D

Rhona said...

Hope you're feeling better, Mouse! At least you were able to get lots of stitching done!

Andrea said...

Hope you are feeling much better now. You were able to get a HUGE amount done, wonderful stitching and finishing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, you got sucked in the Linen and Threads SAL! I thought it looked wonderful but is far too big for me to keep up with. Love that blue thread.
Chris' square was worth waiting for, looking forward to seeing the quilt now. Impatient....
Lovely photos as usual.

Paisley said...

Looks like you got a lot of stitching done! Love the birdies!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely pictures. I like those of your robin, which is my favourite bird. We have one in our garden who regularly visits. You got plenty of lovely stitching done on your week off. Just a pity you weren't feeling great.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a lovely visit today. Okay, I'll bite, what's the SAL? It looks interesting but wow that's going to be a biggie! Scratches to Mr. Bentley. Hugs from me.

DJ said...

As always, I just love your pictures! I thought it was amazing that you caught Orion in the sky!! Love how you caught the swan in flight and Master Bentley in mid dash! Your stitching is beautiful too! Can't wait to see how you'll finish those ornaments! Thanks for sharing with us!!

Sally said...

You certainly made the most of your time off and so you should :). Shame you had to be ill though. Lots of lovely stitching. Look forward to seeing them all finished.

Love the photos from your walk.

Sok Sareth said...

Love your pictures. The smiling Bentley one is adorable!! The leak in the craft room would have made me cry!!

ลาลีกา