Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year 2016

Good afternoon peeps ... hope this finds you all well and not nursing tooo much of a headache after last nights festivities .....I have a headache not due to a hangover ..lol ... I have come down with tonsillitis sooo its a pretty good job you are reading this and not having to listen to me yap other wise you would fall off your chairs from laughing and spill your cuppa's hehehheh.....
Grab yourself some goodies to go with your cuppa's btw we have plenty left ....
Christmas was a wonderful time spent with the family ... we forgo the traditional Christmas dinner this year and decided to go for an Indian meal which was a lovely change annndd we didn't have to wash mountains of pots and pans ..... we went afterwards to the MIL's and had a wonderful few hours there with the wee ones , I shared some trifle on the stairs with the eldest one SShhhhh ...lol 
I got some lovely crafty presents too ... DH DD's clubbed together and got me a DMC wooden box to store my threads in ....wooop the hints worked heheheh ... love it .... apparently it only just arrived in time too ..... Chris and Wendy my stitching buddies got me some pincushions to make up  along with a ort catcher that sits on the table to make up sooo I am going to have fun with those ... and a lovely wee box made out of cute mousie fabric , Bev gave me some gorgeous Sparklie fabric and threads and backing fabric sooo got to choose something nice to stitch/use them for :) Butterfly sent me a lovely wee mouse to hang from my tree and a note book ... the wee mouse ( merry) decided she didn't want to be on the tree and has sat at the side of me on my stitching box watching me stitch   ...and I got some wonderful charts from my Secret Santa off Friendly Stitchers (Lynda ) and I can't wait to start on those :)
I even managed to get some finishing done before I got struck down with the lurg ....don't fall off your chairs again but......I made up Jingle all the way annnndddddd..... my own design piece from 2012 ... well I thought it was about time it was finished heheheheh .... finished off a piece of stitching that I can't show yet as need to make it up and send it on its merry way  but I do know how it is going to be finished, sooo in front there hahahah and up- cycled a gift given to me years ago into a memory book... I think though looking at it I may stain the box a bit darker :)
I still haven't found my address book or the little book I write down my starts and when finished sooo my re cap is errmmmmm I think I managed to do about 25-30 finishes all told this last  year ,which I am pretty proud of considering all that has happened .... my goals this year are ... to stitch and quilt ...lol I have two quilts on the go now and need to do more as well as stitch all those got to stitch charts I  have ...lol
I actually had a wee mad moment last weekend and decided in my infinite wisdom to start to go through my stitching magazines and give to charity all those that I know I won't stitch anything from and soooo far I have four very large carrier bags full  to go and more to go through and sort out .... whoops didn't realise I had sooooo many ....lol I am also doing the same with my charts too  , must stitch , want to stitch ,not ever going to stitch now as tastes have changed, there are ones that I have stitched already and may stitch again and some that I don't think I will stitch again and these I will put up for grabs ... bear with me though till sorted .... might take me a few weeks or two ...lol 
soooo with out further ado I shall get the photos ready while I make another cuppa ....
Bentley with one of his presents 


from Bev :)

from Chris and Wendy :)

from Lynda my Secret Santa 

other goodies from the family

from Butterfly

my precious ...lol 

finally made up :)


up-cycled a stitching gift given a few years back from a friend 

made  up but not stuffed .....



robin singing on Christmas morning 

I shall leave you all now and wish you all a happy new year and hope that all your hopes and dreams come true for you all :) take care one and all, love mouse xxxxxx

29 comments:

gracie said...

Sounds like you have had a wonderful Christmas. Love the gifts. Hope the New Year is wonderful for you and your family.

Petites xxx et Cie said...

Happy new year!
Bisxxx from France

cucki said...

Happy new year dear x

Vickie said...

Oh dear Bentley! What have they set upon your back?! ;)
You are very well loved Michelle.
Happy New Year!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Such great gifties! Love the DMC box. Happy New Year to you and your whole family, too!

Gillie said...

Glad you had a good time, we did too though lots of miles. Sympathizing with the lurgy, lol, my voice went a bit off too!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Glad you had a lovely Christmas. You received a lovely selection of gifts. All the best for 2016.

butterfly said...

Hope you feel well soon, Love Bentley's toy .
Love all your gifts and your box of DMC what a lucky mouse you are.
Great finish and the box looks great.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful NEW YEAR.

Tricia T said...

Happy New Year, Mouse! So sorry that you are sick. :( I love your new DMC floss cabinet! What a wonderful gift!! Now, go have some more tea for your sore throat!!

Chris said...

Dear Mouse,
I hope that you are feeling better today! It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas. Less stressful with the dinner change up and such lovely gifts.
The cabinet is amazing.
Wishing you all the best in 2016!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Looks like a lovely Christmas. That DMC box is FANTASTIC!!!Happy New Year!!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year Mouse. I too have had nasty bugs over Christmas, hope you get well soon. Love your DMC box, needs pride of place in your workroom xx

Mylene said...

Such lovely gifts.
Happy New Year!!

Maggee said...

Happy New Year to you, once you get better! I know your pain... every time I get tonsilitis, it goes to bronchitis and then pneumonia... NO fun! Get well soon! You received so many lovely gifts... and I really love Bentley's giftie! I have been downsizing stash of late also... being realistic! Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy New Year and also Get Well Soon!
Sounds like a lovely Christmas with some gorgeous gifts too.
There's going to be a very lucky charity shop in the near future. If you only have UK mags it's not really worth the effort eBaying them, they go for so little. But if you have any Just Cross Stitch they go for more.

ps I call dibs on any Just Nan charts LOL

Julie said...

Now that's a box and a half for your thread collection, what a good girl you must have been this year.
Get well {hug} x

Beth said...

Happy New Year Michelle. I hope it is a happy and healthy one for you. I've been reading about all the flooding in Yorkshire - hope you've managed to stay out of harm's way.

Karyn said...

Happy New Year, dear sweet Mouse <3 Hope this finds you feeling much better!
I love your pics, and adore the many sweet gifts that you received...you are such a good friend to all and deserve many sweet treats. Poor Bentley has been taken over by his gift...quite cheeky, I must say! LOL
I love your floss chest, it's just gorgeous and I can't wait to see it all filled...
Your finishes are gorgeous and I adore the colors!
Hugs

Southpaw Stitcher said...

What a wonderful array of gifts! I love all of your finished pieces--they are gorgeous. The robins leave here for warmer climes in the autumn and don't come back until mid-March. And Bentley looks just grand with his reindeer. Happy New Year, Mouse!

Angela said...

Happy New Year :) Lovely stitching!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Just getting caught up on blog reading. Happy New Year, Mouse! May your 2016 be the best year yet. Hugs from here!

Andrea said...

Master Bentley ... that is just too funny!! Wonderful gifts, love your thread chest.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely goodies! I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year's :D

Brigitte said...

Wonderful gifts from friends and family. This thread chest is a real treasure, lucky you.
And nice to see some of your finished up pieces.
I hope that you have already recovered from the tonsillitis, a really nasty thing to have.
Wishing you a happy and healthy and stitchy New Year!

Thoeria said...

Ooooooo Ms Mouse! What gorgeous gifts! And I am drooling at your precious chest....it is gorgeous!

Kaisievic said...

Happy New Year, dear Mouse, though a shame about the tonsillitis, gorgeous gifts and I am so envious of your DMC box - lol!

Michelle said...

Happy New Year x

Weronika said...

Christmas time is just amazing! You've got great gifts this year. Bentley's goft is great! I have to boy such for my doggie next year :)

Dianne said...

You've been a busy mouse indeed! I especially LOVE the purple banner-type finish - I'm not much of a dab hand with a sewing machine, but I guess I'd better learn with half a drawer full of completely-stitched-but-unfinished-off projects. Oh - and Happy New Year to you too!