Monday 6 April 2015

What a week .....

Hi everyone :) thank you sooo much for the lovely wishes and prayers for my dad .... they were much appreciated and they helped me for sure this last week ..... Dad went to the hospital on Tuesday for what we thought was a consultation to see what was going to happen , to find out that they were going to operate on him the next day and that it was going to be about a five hour operation with approx 2-3 hours post theatre before going onto the high dependency ward....
Needless to say Wednesday wasn't a good day ... I shut myself up in my office and got it totally sorted and everything filed and then came home to do some more on my room ..... I find that if I am doing stuff I can't worry as much with thinking about it .... I eventually got the message at 8.oo pm that he was out and talking and on the ward ... Jennifer (Dad's partner) got to see him for about five mins before the end of visiting time and managed to talk to him .... He came home on Easter Sunday at tea time as they hospital had done all they could for him there and he now needs to recuperate and hopefully improve day by day .... he has to go back next week to see the nurse and we should know soon the biopsy results .... He rang me that night to say that he was alright :) I couldn't go and see him as I developed a sore throat and I didn't want to risk passing any germs on with everything going on ....I am hoping to bob over if not this next weekend definitely the weekend after :)
I have even managed to get some stitching in as well this week .... I got my exchange piece finished but can't show you that till it gets there .... and started on France's RR ( no photo as forgot ..lol)  I am feeling sooo pleased I have got needle and thread to meet :)
This weekend having had four days off has been lovely ... DD1 and I went to MeadowHell and got some bits and bobs on Friday .... I bobbed into town on Saturday and then came home to do some more on my room ... Sunday I took Master Bentley on a lovely walk to Park Springs , the sun was out and the sky was blue and only him and I were there most of the time sooo he had a rare ole time chasing about ... I managed to get some gorgeous shots of him .... up there they have been building some willow arches and a den and they have started to sprout green leaves and the catkins are out too .... The skylarks were singing to their hearts content .... and I managed to capture one  on camera ... you will have to squint though, as the camera focused on the tree not the bird...lol 
Today was another glorious day and I had the back door open while I tackled more of my room .... DH even got my shelves up soooo I am almost there ...another day or two and I should be sorted with everything in their right place .... she say's paws crossed ....and the range painted and ...... hehhehehehe
ooooo I almost forgot there are some hot cross buns to go with your cuppa's ... I shall just go and get them and make a fresh brew for you all too :)
Just strolling along 

just love this shot of him :)

willow wigwham

wait for meeeeee

any biscuits ...cheezy grin for you 

budding willow 

glorious day 


squint to see the skylark :)

fabric is being added to the shelves of the welsh dresser

well I had to hang them somewhere ..lol 


shelves are up and being filled :)
I can now see floor space and have cleared about 10 boxes today amongst dozens of plastic bags ..... and now I am cream crackered .... but it will be worth it when I can show you the full room in all its glory :) 
I have managed to have a quick visit to some of you and hope to bob on by more this week to every one else .... sooo until then have a great stitchy week and take care one and all, and thank you once again for your kind words :) love mouse xxxxxxx

26 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Michelle, I am so sorry to hear that you Dad is ill. I am sending stitchy, healing hugs and prayers to you and your family and especially your Dad. On a happier note, your Easter sounds like it was great and your room is really taking shape. Take care.

Jane said...

So pleased to hear your Dad is through the worst and now back home again recuperating, keeping everything crossed for all of you that the biopsy results are good news.

Fab photos of Bentley, what a cutie!

I'm on the final stages of my new Craft Room too, just upcycling some old shelf pieces, we'll both be happy bunnies in our new hutches and yes I agree it's the best way to unwind and cope with the stresses of life!

Hope you have a good stitchy week too, take care xxx

Tricia T said...

So glad to hear that your dad came through surgery ok, and how sweet for him to call you and say that he was alright! : ) Your room is looking like a lovely place to go exploring for an hour or two or three. It looks like there are lots of goodies there!! : )

Linda said...

Glad to hear that your dad is doing okay Mouse. Cute pictures of Bentley and your craft room is looking good.

Linda

marly said...

Good news that dad's surgery went well. I hope that good news continues.

Rhona said...

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery. Hope you're feeling better soon too! All that crafting stash looks delish....have fun organizing it :)

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Hope he gets good news! Love your room. That dog is so cute!

Barb said...

Mr. Bentley is such a handsome fellow!!! I am sorry to hear your Dad has not been well. I will keep him in my prayers. I hope he will have a fast successful recovery. The room is looking good.

Beth said...

Glad your Father made it through surgery. Worrisome I well know. And keeping busy does help, doesn't it? Your craft room is coming along nicely. I am glad you and Mr Bentley have had some nice spring walks - they are therapeutic I think!

Annette-California said...

I pray your dad gets good news mouse! You have been one busy mouse. Your craft room is coming along and I bet its fun for you to see your stuff on shelf's again:) Mr. Bentley looks so happy. love Annette

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I bet you are so relieved your dad is home again and on the way to recovery. Now you are so good at organising, could you pop round to my house? I could keep you occupied for days! Lovely Mr Bentley. Irene xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope your Dad continues to make a good recovery.
Love what you are doing with your craft room too, especially the fabric piles. They look too good to disturb!

Margaret said...

Lots of good wishes that your father has a quick recovery and the biopsy is negative. You were smart to keep busy -- that's how I deal with worry and stress too. Love the pics of Bentley -- he's grown into such a handsome dog! Love the peeks of your sewing room too -- it looks lovely so far!

Vickie said...

I am praying for you father.♥
Bentley is so gorgeous. Just love him. Hug him for me. :)
Your home is just so fantastic!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Glad to hear your dad came out okay. I'll continue to send positive thoughts for you all. Love that pic of Mr. Bentley. He's one handsome devil! Hope you have a good week. Can't wait to see the after pics of the craft room. {{hugs}}

Thoeria said...

So very pleased that your Dad is on the road to recovery,Ms Mouse. Will keep you all in my thoughts.
Master Bentley looks happy and handsome as always :)
When you done with your room....want to fly over and help me re-organise ...again??

Andrea said...

Glad to hear your Dad is out and doing OK. Master Bentley is looking super energetic! Great progress on your craft room, looking forward to those photos.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oh dear mouse....I am so sorry to hear the news of your dad...but he is thankfully on the mend now?
Bently always looks photogenic and so happy too /)
Oooh your room is filling up!! You will be sorted soon...don't over do it now...remember to rest and take a moment or two for yourself.
Smiles :)

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

What a relief for you that your Dad is home. Hope his recovery goes well. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your craft room and the adorable Mr Bentley.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Your room is coming along so nicely! Glad to hear your father's doing well. Hugs to you and Bentley! :D

Julie said...

Sending lots of healing prayers for your dad, I hope with each passing day he is feeling a little brighter in himself.
{{big hug}} for you too.

Master Bentley does look so happy on his wanders.

Craftroom heaven... that's what your pics look like..... oh to have a craft room all to yourself.

Maggee said...

I will pray that all is well with your Dad's test results! Men are so stubborn--saying they are fine when they are not! I know... been dealing with such as that these past few months! Your craft room looks so good... can't wait to see it finished! I am spread out between two floors! Ha! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
So sorry to hear about your Dad and hope he is feeling better.
The stitching on your blog is lovely.
Adorable Mr Bentley too.
Wishing you a good weekend x

KimM said...

I'm a little behind on keeping up with my bloggy friends - I hope your dad is still on the mend. Love your craft room…..
xxx

Sally said...

Glad to hear your Dad is home and recuperating. It must have been a worrying time for you.

Lovely photos from your walk and it looks like yoir craft room is coming along well :)

Stitching Noni said...

Hope your Dad is ok and that you are feeling better as well....
Big hugs xx