Friday 19 December 2014

Stitching goodies :) and other tales :)

Hi every one :) hope this finds you all well as can be expected and looking forward to the festive celebrations , if you celebrate them of course .... well at the mouse house its looking a lot like we don't ...lol so far we don't have the tree up ... the space is there and we have a few cards up and that's it ... and with less than a week to go we had better get a shufftee on ....
Life at the mouse house has been interesting to say the least .... I have been unwell since October with a cold and a cough that doesn't want to go away ... I have been to the Dr's the week before I went to Harrogate and got some antibiotics and that helped a bit but I am still not well now ....hence why things are not done this year so far .... I am going to try and get back in at the Dr's this morning and I will also have to cancel my acupuncture as I can't have that while like this WAHHHHHHHHH......
Work has been hectic too as we are having a lot of changes and work that should have been done before I moved to the new branch hasn't sooo at the moment I am continually playing catch up and my new manager is FAB and is making sure that what we need to do is getting done ... so there has been a few late nights not much longer that the normal finishing time, but it makes all the difference .....
Stitching wise wellllll I have been stitching like a good un and have now managed to finish three ornaments ... not made up or beads added but hey .... a big improvement to last post heheheheh I put the last stitches into All is Calm by Little House Needleworks Christmas ornament series from 2011 on Tuesday night while at stitching with Chris :) I have even managed to do a small bit on my crochet blanket ... no picture of this one as it is stuffed in my work bag for those moments when I can do a bit on it .....
I have to tell you about a wonderful postie day .... a couple of weeks back on a Thursday I think it was and I was having a bad feel sorry for myself day .... I came home to a wonderful surprise :) there was a brown envelope waiting for me from no other than Dixie Sampler who had stitched me a lovely halloweenie sampler and send me a gorgeous piece of her hand dyed fabric and some other gorgeous goodies ... I still have to open the sweets yet ... saving them till I am off and can savor them ...lol .... She truly made my day :)
I have been sent a few "Christmas " parcels that have been popped on the fire mantle until the big day .... I have been awfully good and not peeped ... and I can't wait to see what yummies I have got :)
The other Sunday both DD's and I went to Skipton to the annual Christmas Market .... and it was a wee bit of a wash out to be honest .. it piddled it down for the entire day and although there were some nice stalls most of them were tombola charity ones ... and there is only so many tickets you can buy ... there was some good entertainers that I felt sorry for performing in the rain .... we did have some laughs taking Selfies with our phones ...  I am trying to persuade them to let me bob one up ...lol but we were all glad to get on the coach home .... I did score in the charity shops though with some scissor frogs at decent prices ....and I managed to buy a new wee mouse from one of the Christmas stalls .... he is with the scissor frogs and Bentley photo bombing ..lol 
I managed to get back into the Dr's this morning and hmmmmm another set of antibiotics .... lots of bloods taken and I have to go for a chest xray and possibly lung function tests ... I said not to bother with them at the moment as I can't breathe hahahahah .... sooo I am poorly sick .com ....  
soooo DH has made you the cuppas and I will up load some photos for you to nosy at .....
Dixie's very own hand dyed fabric

how cute is this 

the rest of my scrummy yummies ... that wee necklace lights up squeee 

stitching finished

getting there with this one 

a wee bit further

German marshmellow thingies ...
 can't spell their names but they were very nice

score with the scissor frogs and photo bombing

is it time for Santa Paws yet  huh huh ???

and finished wooo hooo ....just need to add some bling :)

ok its time for me to take my last horse pill ...lol and off to the land of nod ... night night one and all and hope you all have a wonderful stitchy week :) love mouse xxxxxx

26 comments:

Gillie said...

And what are we doing this weekend....... All together now.....Staying Home in the Warm!

Margaret said...

Hope this second round of antibiotics gets you feeling better. How awful to be sick for so long! :( Love the stitching, and Bentley is adorable as always!

Tricia T said...

Beautiful stitching, Mouse! Bentley wanted me to ask what he was getting for Christmas... : ) I do hope you feel better soon!!! Merry Christmas!!

Barb said...

Mouse, take care of yourself. I had a time like that several years ago and I ended up in the hospital with pneumonia- not good at all . So baby yourself for a bit. Loved all your stitching and seeing dear Mr. Bentley!

Jacqueline Morris said...

Noooooo please take care, stay warm inside.. I hope you feel better soon :)
Lovely parcel with wonderful happy goodies :) Enjoy!
Lots of lovely stitching too :)
Gillie is right!!
Smiles :)
xx

gracie said...

I do hope you will be feeling much better real soon...

Cricket-bug Corner said...

I hope this round of medicine works wonders on you!! Sounds like you need a few days of rest and stitching!!

butterfly said...

Oh dear poorly mouse, take care , I had two chest infections the last two years and can't get rid of my bad chest.
Love all your beautiful stitching, the frogs and mice.
Your goodie gift is wonderful.
Give little Bently a hug from me for Christmas.
Try some honey lemon and ginger in some hot water will make you feel a little better .
Merry Christmas sweet mouse , and warm winter whishes to all at the mouse house.

Vickie said...

Oh dear! Please rest all you can. Not everything HAS to get done. There is only one you!!
Love Bentley's little speckled face sneaking in there. ;)

Christine said...

Lovely stitching! Hope you feel better soon

Rhona said...

Oh, Mouse, I hope you;re feeling better soon.....it's always hard when you're feeling poorly at this time of year when there's so much to be done, but your health comes first. Maybe a wee hot toddy would do the trick;)

Your stitching goodies are wonderful and I love your finishes.

Merry Christmas!

Angela said...

Lovely gift and love the ornaments you have stitched. Hope you feel better soon :) Merry Christmas!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Hope you feel better soon, Mouse :( It's no fun being sick at Christmas!

Kate said...

Hope the new meds are starting to make a big difference. Loving all the stitching and the flower frogs are fabulous.
Wishing you a peaceful Christmas.

Sally said...

Hope you are feeking much better soon.

Lovely stitching. You'll have a nice selection of ornaments.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Thoeria said...

Poor Ms Mouse! Hope you've been taking it easy this weekend ...drinking lots of warm tea and taking your meds like a good mouse!
Love the goodies and gorgeous stitching :)
Rest up nicely ...feel better and have a lovely Christmas

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry you've been so poorly, hope you feel better soon.

Lovely gifts, such a cute Hallowe'en sampler.

I also like the Peppermint ornie design too.

Julie said...

Hope these latest meds do the truck and you are soon feeling fab.
Lovely stitching.

Anonymous said...

I hope you start feeling better!

Frances said...

What a wonderful package to receive and your stitching is so pretty! I love those flower frogs, too, and the sweet dog nose really makes that picture!
Sounds like you've been very much under the weather and I hope you'll be better soon!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely stitching. Hope you feel better soon.

Maggee said...

At least you have some finishes, considering you have been sick for such a long time. Hope the new antibiotic is kicking the illness out of your system. Take care now! Merry Christmas to you!

Carol said...

Oh, what a time of year to be ill--I do hope the new medicine helps, Mouse! Lovely stitching and such a sweet gift from Terri :)

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, HEALTHY new year!

Anne said...

Oh dear Mouse! I hope you are better now. Taking antibiotics isn't fun...hubby is on them now. Lots of great little stitching you've done so far. Can't wait to see the other finishes! Give a pat to Master Bentley. I hope Santa Paws is good to you this year..hehehee!! Hugs!

Andrea said...

Wonderful stitching. Greta gifts too.
Hope you are feeling better.
I have come down with a good cold, I'm still waiting for the cough. There have been a few people with the coughing spree, they say it tends to go and then comes back again.

Jane said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS Mouse, albeit a few days late ~ hope the celebrations went well and you all had a lovely time!
Lovely pics ~ SantaPaws was very kind to Monty, hope he had plenty of gifts left for Master Bentley.
I'm guessing your new start is Frosty Flakes by LHN as we are both stitching the same things at the moment, just adding beads to Snowy Pines which you showed in your last post and Frosty Flakes is kitted up and ready to go!
Happy New Year Mouse xxx