Sunday 20 July 2014

Its been a funny ole week ....

Hi peeps :) hope every one has grabbed their brews and a comfy seat as its that time of the week again .. a mouse house update :)
This week as the title says has been a funny ole week .... Monday started soooo well then in the afternoon we got called in to the back office and our lovely boss told us he was leaving !!!!!  Well you could have knocked us all down with a feather we were sooo shocked ....he left it till the last moment to tell us as he didn't want us to get upset hmmmmm bit of an understatement ....
any hooo we carried on our normal day to day working life in a daze and arranged a surprise leaving lunch and goodies for him .... apparently it took me and Emm 3 hours to go to the bank one day .... hehehe it really was only an hour and a half ... normally only takes about 30 mins ....
So on Friday we said goodbye to him and put on a spread and we had oodles of cake as he had brought some in as well ... he got us all some fun "thank you" presents ... and wrote us all a  personal card each .... and we hope he enjoy's his new post .. if not we will have him back .... :)
Stitching wise I haven't been up to doing any until about Thursday when Chris came to the mouse house I started a new start ... a wee baby sampler for my apprentice "K" aunt who is due to pod any day now ... we don't know what she is having so I have stitched everything I can from the Lizzie *Kate baby sampler until we know what the wee one is and name and then I can finish it off ... it was a lovely stitch ....
I started another start too ... as I just had to ...lol..... a wee while ago I stitched the same piece for Lisa from the inspired stitcher  and I am going to finish mine the same way ... I found my box ..lol  its the stitchers companion piece from BBD stitchers journey .. I am stitching it on a piece of Sparklies slightly nutty I think ..... 32 count with the DMC equivalents or at least most of them .... I started my initial just before I came on here to do this post .... and I hope that it will fit ....eeekkkk .... 
Yesterday we were at the Sweet Shop when it got awfully dark and then the thunder and lightning started .... wow it was fun watching it but scary at the same time ... we thought it might do as it has been sooo hot and humid here and the same sticky  hot weather we had again today but so far no sign of anything extra PHEW ,..... just feel like I'm melting ..... its midnight here at the mouse house and its still 23.5 degrees C ... feeling hot hot hot .....
Sorry I haven't been round to visit many peeps I will get round to it as they say .... and thank you for all the lovely comments you have been leaving .... in answer to some ... the photo of the moon was taken with my bridge camera .... it has a 28 x zoom and I just pointed and shoot and took a few to get the one ... 
Master Bentley has enjoyed his cuddles and his extra biscuits off you all ...No photos of the new house yet as not been down into the basement during daylight hours ....hopefully soon when I have got two weeks off I can do some more and show you progress photos :)
The Quilt idea for the CCS charts is just that at the moment ... I will have a play with some paper and draw out an idea and wing it from there hahaha ... that is what I did with Sally's quilt last year and it turned out fine heheheh ....
eeee I'm parched again sooo I will bob the kettle on for a top up ....
sooo what else has been happening .... DH has started his new job and is enjoying it muchly ... he can't wait to do his blue light training :) I went to do some training on Wednesday on Direct Payments  and was surprised at how well I did .... see the brain still works on occasions hahahahah but other that that not much else to be honest ....
I suppose I ought to put up some photos  sooo here goes ....
Lizzie*Kate Baby Sampler
all ready for the final bits :)

taken at 8.30pm tonight ... 

my new start :)

just love those eyes :)

ohhh to be a fish right now cool and under a waterfall ...lol
Well I had better finish waffling now and get my wee body up the stairs to bed .... I do have work in the morning ...but it will be very strange .... 
hope every one has a fabulous stitchy week ... and enjoyed their hermitting weekend :)
take care one and all and I will squeak to you all soon :) love mouse xxxxxx

23 comments:

Barb said...

Sorry to hear it is so hot and miserable! We went throu8gh that a short time ago. The baby sampler is very cute. However, not quite as cute as Mr. Bentley!

Margaret said...

So sad about your boss leaving! I hope things at work settle in ok with a new boss and all -- what a change for you all! I hate hot and humid. Or just warm and humid even. lol! Humid is the operative word for what I hate the most. :D Bentley looks so grown up and serious in that picture. Love the stitching -- the baby gift looks perfect for either sex! Looking forward to pics of the new house too!

Justine said...

Love your new start....and the LK baby sampler, so cute. I hate humid as well. On the train into work just now and it's hot and sweaty already!

Julie said...

Way too hot here too.... I'm so goths, moan about all sorts of weather, it's never the right kind lol. Lovely LK gift you are making.
Hope your new boss turns out to be as lovely as your old one!

Mii Stitch said...

Cute new LK start, it's promising to be adorable :)

Thoeria said...

Oh my Ms Mouse...here's hoping your new boss will be as lovely :) Great new start and loving the LK sampler!Send some of that heat this way please!

Vickie said...

What a sweet LK gift! Oh I do hope your new boss is a wonderful one too.

Parsley said...

Hope your new boss is great to work with. I'm sure things will feel off for a while.

Lovely stitching and sweet Mr. Bentley.

Tricia T said...

Cute baby sampler! And I like your new start, too. I hope everything goes well with your new boss. You've had a lot of changes in your life lately. It's a good thing that you are flexible!! :)

Linda said...

Cute new starts Mouse. It's been hot and humid here in central California too.

Linda

Bianca said...

Your new start already looks so pretty, and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the quilt!

Christine said...

Hot and humid here too.
The birth sampler is lovely

Maggee said...

It's summer--hot and humid is the rule...sad but true! I know how it is to suddenly lose a boss. Hope that the next one is a good one for your department! Where I used to work, they are floundering BIG time because of bad management at every level. The LK Baby Sampler is cute--they will love it! Bentley is adorable as always... Hugs!

Andrea said...

Lovely starts and finishes. Hot and humid ... would be great if I didn't have to work!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Urgh, tell me about it! It's so hot and disgustingly humid here in Dubai. That's a lovely start and the baby sampler looks adorable so far! :D

Angela said...

It is hot here right now too and I hate it ;) Lovely stitching, Mr. Bentley is so handsome :) Take care!

Brigitte said...

Your baby sampler is very cute and the new project looks very promising. So sad when you see a good boss go, hopefully your new boss will also be a good one.

I hope your hot weather has stopped for a while. We were also having a short heat wave but it's over and thankfully we are having some cool temperatures - better for stitching and for everything else, lol.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hot and humid seems to be the order of the day. I'm ready for the humid to go away. I don't mind the hot as I run cold anyway. I can't wait to see what my box's "twin" will look like. I'm sure it will be just as beautiful as the one you sent me. Have a good week! Hugs

Beth said...

Thinking of you in the heat! Hope you have more comfortable weather soon. That Bentley has the sweetest eyes.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear about your boss, hope the new one is as nice.

The baby sampler is very cute, I love stitching for babies, good thing my cousins keep providing them for me!

butterfly said...

Hello mouse are you melting like me ?

Far to hot to stitch right now I have the fans going but still too hot.

Love your new starts , looking good .

Loooooove Bentley give him a kiss from me.

Sorry about your boss , hope the new one is nice.

Have a great weekend hugs.

KimM said...

Greetings! Hope all is well - love your stitching. Bentley is so adorable!!
xxx

Denise SA said...

Hi mouse sorry to be so late to read your blog.
Lovely stitching