Sunday 13 July 2014

Here I am again with some more finishes :)

Hellloooo its me again .... and the title says's it all *VBG ... soooo please pull up a chair and grab your favourite brew ... there are some cookies :)
This must be an all time record for me ... as these two new finishes makes it five in the last month ... smoking needles or what ...lol 
I am doing a happy dance to "A Bushel and a Peck " by La D Da  ... the only thing I need to do is my initials which I am going to have to chart ... I need to find a similar alphabet to the one that Lori has used as although we share the M ... I need a G too ...lol ... I stitched this one on a Sparklies  solitaire that I bought at Harrogate a couple of years ago and the colours are just plain ole DMC that looked some what near to the original chart and worked perfectly with the hand dyed fabric  .... and I stitched on 28 count over two ... I omitted the charted border as it framed without it on the picture at the front and I like it that way and it will be easier to get framed too ... method in my madness heheheheh.
My second happy dance is I started the February Country Cottage Samplings garden series a week last Thursday at Chris's while Ally was there too and finally put the last stitches in it today at tea time YAHHHH HOOOO ...  I am stitching the whole series individually so that I can make it into a quilt for my new craft room .... well that is the plan at any rate heheheheh  and while I have been on a roll with the stitching I have been putting some more stitches into my Casting a Spell by BBD .......I am going to try and get this finished and out for this Halloween ....
My Apprentice "K" has asked me to stitch a wee birth sampler for her aunt who is due to pod any day now ... we chose the Lizzie *Kate baby sampler and I ordered it and ermmmm a few extra items fell into my basket ... I blame the Prim Stitchers on Facebook for their terrible influence hahahahahha as I just had to get A Beggers Night by Threadwork Primitives , Count Twice by Plum Street Samplers  and Victorian Postcard by By The Heart ooo and some plain cream evenweave ....a girl can never have enough ....lol I was quite proud of my self for restricting  the basket to them few ... hahahaha 
Well I have been looking for a Welsh Dresser for the craft room as you know and so far no luck but I have found something I do like that would do but by the time I get back to the shop it will probably be sold * sigh .... I spent an hour on the fireplace last Sunday trying to get the paint off and I can tell you now it won't be a quick process ....lol I didn't realise but the metal surround is actually a chocolate brown metal ... and it looks quite good with what I have done sooo far which is about 10 inches on one side .... there isn't any photos at this stage ... I have however discovered our local DIY shop sells the black paste for the range :)
Today DH and I took Master Bentley to a new walk we have discovered which he loves as he can get the birds up .... I took the camera today and uploaded the photos and there are a couple of corkers .... I am still giggling at the face's he is pulling when running .... He loves it up there and settles down for the day snoozing merrily for most of it when he gets back from the walk :)
Friday  night was supposed to be a super moon ... I didn't realise this until the next day after taking some photos of it when I got back in from shopping .... and they have turned out golden yellow and brown ... almost sepia and no filters were used ...really unusual ... and tonight there was a fabulous red sky ... I did manage to take some pics but they haven't turned out as red as it was ... but you get the picture ...lol 
soooo I shall go and pop the kettle back on and up load the photos for you :)
Bushel and a peck by La D Da

Super moon

grinning as he is on his favourite walk

come you two ... hurry up

just look at his face

and this one is sooo funny

love those ears :)

casting a spell by BBD

February  ..Country Cottage Samplings 

a wee small stash enhancement

gorgeous red sky tonight 


Sooo there you have it folks ... don't think there will be tooo many finishes in the near future ... but you never know heheheheh...hope every one has a wonderful stitchy week and take care one and all .... love mouse xxxxx

34 comments:

Joyce Clark Frank said...

Love the finishes. You're on a roll. Love the pictures of Bentley as I am a great animal lover too. My cat, Leo keeps me company all the time.

Dianne said...

Love all your photos, but must admit to a soft spot in my heart for Bushel and a Peck - La-D-Da designs, they're so - hmmmm - just right, does that say it?

Rhona said...

Great stitching, Mouse! Love the Bushel and a Peck design....and that fabric is gorgeous! Fingers crossed the Welsh dresser isn't sold!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Love your pictures!

DJ said...

Wonderful stitching!! I have always loved the LaDeeDa piece, I stitched it for my Mom a few years ago as she always used to sing that to me as a child. Give Bentley a pat from me, what a cutie he is!! Can't wait to see pictures of your house as you work on it, and good luck finding your Welsh Dresser. I'll keep my fingers crossed it's still there! Great pictures of the sky! *Hugs*

Jacqueline Morris said...

Your stitching is beautiful and oooh love your new additions to your stash :)
Pretty sunset...
I love reading your happy posts... And thank you for the friendly tea and cookies :)
Smiles :) x

Margaret said...

Great finishes! Love the new stash too. And Bentley -- so cute -- he is having fun! Love his ears!

Minnie said...

Gorgeous stitching, Bentley is adorable and I have the Plum Street Sampler chart too, it's a great find.

Tina said...

Fabulous stitching,the quilt is going to look amazing.
Lovely pictures of Bentley and great stash haul

butterfly said...

What lovely stitching , and new stash .
Looks like Bentley had a great walk , you can see he is so happy, bless .

Have a look in the paper mouse for your dresser I found 3 and one was only £30.00.
Then you can paint them any colour or if they look ok leave them pine.
Wishing you a great week hugs .

Bianca said...

Great stash enhancement! Also, good luck with all the work you're doing on the new mouse house. I know preparing a new home is a big job!

Annette-California said...

Congrats on 2 beautiful finishes. Very lovely new stash:) And your casting a Spell is looking great. Master Bentley looks so happy in the fields. love Annette

Denise SA said...

Well done on you lovely finishes

cucki said...

Great finishes! Love the new stash too. And Bentley is so cute.
Big hugs x

Thoeria said...

Beautiful stitching Ms Mouse :) Love the stash enhancement and WOW - what a moon!

CJ said...

Congrats on your finishes and I loved the photos.

CJ

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes & great new stash! :)
Your dog is just so cute!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful finishes Mouse.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

I love that picture of Bentley. He looks so happy. The red sky is amazing. I didn't even know about the super moon. Where have I been?! LOL!

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching. I especially like the La D Da one.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishes Mouse. Love the pics of Bentley.

Linda

Barb said...

I do love seeing Mr. Bentley. He is so cute and those are great photos of him! You do have smoking needles and all the projects look wonderful. I have never tried to get paint off bricks, it must be very difficult !

Maggee said...

Woo hoo! Another great post! Love La-D-Da charts. Have to see if I have any to stitch in my stash...that I like! The picture of Bentley with the ears is the BEST ever! Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great finishes. I love the La D Da one, I've not heard that expression before. It sounds like my younger son, he's not quite learned to be gentle when he's hugging me round the neck!!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely finishes and Master Bentley looks like he is having lots of fun! You can never have enough stash enhancement. Lol!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Congrats on the finishes, Mouse! :D That's some beautiful stitching. Sounds like there's been some progress on your house. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Anne said...

Congrats on your finishes Mouse!! Your needles have been smoking with the finishing!! How can you get a good photo of a moon? I never seem to be able to do it! Those photos of Bentley are hilarious! I love springers and their floppy ears...makes my heart melt!! xoxo

Andrea said...

Wonderful finishes. Oh Master Bentley! Springers are so funny aren't they. Beautiful photo of the moon.

Beth said...

Oh but Bentley does make me laugh! He is in Dog Heaven during his walks with you. Congrats on your finishes. I am interested to see what your Cottage Garden Samplings quilt idea will look like.

Angela said...

The pics you took of Bentley are wonderful! Lovely stitching :)

Michelle said...

Lovely photos Mouse. Shame you don't live closer to me we will have a hand built large solid Pine Welsh dresser for sale when we decorate the kitchen x

Sally said...

Lovely finishes Mouse and gorgeous photos. Bentley looks like he's having a brilliant time!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

What great finishes and great new stash, too.
Bentley is smiling! Sophie smiles too.

Julie said...

Great pics of your little furry friend, looks like he had a ball on his new walk.
Lovely stitching piccies.
We were at the east caost the night of the super moon, it was amazing, your photo is amazing, well captured.